[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - ASF-P Actium

ASF-P Actium

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

ASF-P Actium

Postby Trokodile174 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:12 pm

LORE:
With the recent news of war in the galaxy, AEILOS has been faced with rebellion and even violent rioting on the streets of some of their inhabited planets. In the past, such rioting would often be quelled by a simple arrival of traditional police vehicles, but with opinions growing, so did the strength of the riots. As such, AEILOS Industries decided it was finally a good time to reveal the next addition to the AEILOS Security Force: The ASF-P Actium, the design of which had been leaked years earlier but dismissed as a fake by many due to its unorthodox design. Even after the official reveal, many believed it was just propaganda being used to prevent further rioting. How wrong they were.
The ASF-P Actium was first deployed on February 26, 4925- roughly a week after the announcement had been made- on the AEILOS colony of Ceretia, where many colonial sympathizers of the Waves of Change movement had banded together and overthrown the local authority. Two days later, representatives of the AEILOS Security Force arrived with a few dozen ASF-P Actiums in tow. The rebellion was easily quelled, and AEILOS gave control back to the local authorities. After this initial show of force, most of the rebellion stopped, but the success of this new frame led to the creation of the ASF Police division, the goal of which was to keep peace on AEILOS colonies and planets.
Features included a protective roll cage behind the pilot, a long-range communications system, and the sonic radar previously exclusive to AEILOS Security Force frames. The frame also had a place to attach either a second gun or a holographic hardlight energy shield.
END LORE

So, I think I should explain how time works in my Frame universe as to clear up this post. The day of my first post was year 4918, and every 72 hours of real time is roughly a month. 24 hours real-time is about 10 days, meaning 1 day of universe time is about 2 hours of real-time long. As of building the ASF-P, the time was about February 24, 4925. As of posting, real-time was about 16:00 on December 23, meaning it had been about 6 years and two months (specifically, February 26, 4925) since the beginning of calculable time in my universe.

One cool feature of this build was that you can clearly see the difference between a piloted and unmanned frame. The 7p figs are in the picture so you can see what part of the ASF-P Actium is the representation of an ASF pilot.

Loadout:
d6Rd d6Rd Side-Mounted Antipersonnel Minigun
d6B Protective Roll Cage
d6Y Sonic Radar
d6Y Long-Range Communications System

Also available with two guns!*
Check out for extra pics, building instructions, and more!

Maker of , the Battle Royale MF0 fan game
Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Re: ASF-P Actium

Postby Atavism » Mon Dec 23, 2019 7:09 pm

So I really like the top 3/4. The angles are sharp and somewhat familiar, and exposed cockpits are fun. I just really can't shake that it looks like a short frame standing on stilts. The jutting knee and the contrasting shin color visually sever the build into two distinct parts.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:27 am

Love the stage set in the first and third pic. It's a good build, although I can see Atavism's point. I think that maybe with the way the guns sit are too high, it might flow better if the guns sat a little lower or if they were even replaced with arms. The back and legs designs are pretty sweet. And of course the lore to go along with the build is always nice too. :)
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:14 am

I also have to agree with Atavism in that the colors for the knees do stand out. I can see there is other orange colors in the build, but not enough to warrant the large amount the knnepads give. Maybe if they were 1x1 flat plates? However, then again, this may be due to lack of right colored parts, in which case this can easily be overlooked.
However, I do like the leg design overall and your lore admits it is an unorthodox design, which fits quite well.

And bonus points for such a SWEEEEEEEEEEETTT Sizing box hanger 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Trokodile174 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:10 am

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Atavism » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:55 am

I think the plain clip knee works much better. I'd also be curious how it looks if you just flipped the knee slope inwards? (I'd have just gotten rid of the ankle entirely and made a shortie! :D )
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Dec 24, 2019 2:34 pm

Maybe put a downward facing baby bow in place of the cheese slope on the front of the hip? That might change the transition a bit.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Trokodile174 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:27 pm

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Re: ASF-P Rescue Actium

Postby Trokodile174 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Tried to make another ASF-P Actium and decided on a search-and-rescue theme.
LORE:
The ASF-P Actium, after some initial opposition, became a popular symbol among those loyal to AEILOS Industries, prompting AEILOS' engineers to create a civvie version of the frame, which they released shortly after. Quickly thereafter the commercially-available debut of the ASF-P Actium, many local governments and companies adopted this version for various other purposes. One of the most notable of these companies, the Arctic Front Rescue, created a search-and-rescue variant - formally known as the ASF-SaR - designed for navigating harsh terrain and criminal pursuit. This modified version featured high-power floodlights and a single arm, as well as both thermal and sonic scopes to better improve its searching capabilities. The ASF-SaR brought back the protective rollcage of the original police/SWAT version and had an anti-environment holo-dome projected over the cockpit to protect the pilot from the elements the ASF-SaR was designed to face.
The Arctic Front Rescue, after gaining news traction on their planet of origin, soon came to the attention of the AEILOS Police Force. Soon, it was a common sight for the white and range of the ASF-SaR to be seen accompanying a squad of ASF-P Actiums during high-tension deployments. Because of the added danger, and the lack of true equipment regulations on many planets, these AFR/APF members soon began carrying basic security pistols for self-defence should the situation arise.
END LORE
Loadout: d6B d6Y d6Y d6W d6W d8G
ASF-SaR with Security Pistol ( d6Rd d6Rd )
ASF-SaR's Holo-dome Generator

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:00 am

This last build is definitely coming along. I really like the more rounded looking upper leg parts. And your color place,net and coordination is fantastic :)
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Trokodile174 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:21 pm

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Trokodile174 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:49 am

Started designing a few 3D-printable versions of Frames* in Stud.io. (A few file type conversions is all that's necessary, really) I ended up starting with the ASF-P Actium since it's one of my best-looking Frames, and since it won't be printed piece-by-piece I overlapped some parts and added some details that other wise wouldn't have been possible. Below are renders of both the basic printable frame and a colorized version. Note that after rendering I swapped the 1x1 vertical clip that holds the handlebar for a lamp holder piece because I feel it will give the printed version a better grip on it. After all detailing and part-modding, there are 20 impossibly-placed parts in the entire thing.

*Note that this so far works only in theory and has not been tested.

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby Ian Gitax » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:47 pm

Made a variant.
Ian Gitax
Young Gun

Postby Trokodile174 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:20 am

Got three new 3-system variants to share! (Well, technically one is old and I just haven't posted it yet even though it's been months)

Actium Charger (ASF-Cgr)
d6Rh d6Rh d6Rd d6Rd d6Y d6W d6W
Mostly needed a reason to use the yellow energy piece and felt like building in dark blue.

Actium Grenadier (ASF-Gdr)
d6Rd d6Rd d6B d6B d6W d6W
Most of the primary coloring is Mega Construx pieces left over from . I initially built it to go with my , but then it lacked any sort of orange whatsoever so now it's just a military-grade Actium.

Actium Anti-Air (ASF-AA)
d6Ra d6Ra d6B d6G d6W d6W
The front of this one was inspired by the Ian Gitax Actium variant when I decided to give it a go myself. I also figured out the railgun design for the Actium.

Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs