MFZ - Small PaB Cup challenge - July2019

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

MFZ - Small PaB Cup challenge - July2019

Postby darksyntax » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 pm

Another Small PaB Cup challenge ala Mantiskings's Single Set Challenge from the bricks available at the Lynnwood, WA USA Lego store on 05Jul2019.

While I didn't actually pick up a small cup of parts, the parts and quantities should fit in a single small cup.
Total pictured parts count: 320, 100, 100

Total pictured parts count: 320, 100, 100

LDD file
darksyntax
Mod Team

Re: MFZ - Small PaB Cup challenge - unnamed pods

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:41 pm

That round body core is really something, darksyntax!

Also, creative way of pulling off some legs out of that parts selection!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Re: MFZ - Small PaB Cup challenge - July2019

Postby darksyntax » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks, Vitor!

Continuing to play with the parts list to find a viable humanoid frame, I pulled together the olive green one. The available parts allow this basic frame to be re-colored into 4 different company liveries. The stations from the assault pods can be easily re-colored to match; the flags aren't great, but they are serviceable as game pieces. The frames vary from 53-64pcs each. I didn't blow out systems, but they shouldn't be too hard using the assault pods as an example.

LDD file
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:37 pm

It never ceases to amaze me how you can pull of a Chub equivalent out of pretty much everything!

Waist up those look honestly just as good as a standard Chub, if not better. The static hips are the only element that really hints the challenge, but even them look very finished and usable.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:45 pm

VitorFaria wrote:It never ceases to amaze me how you can pull of a Chub equivalent out of pretty much everything!
Waist up those look honestly just as good as a standard Chub, if not better.

Thanks, but certainly not better than a Chub... A humanoid frame is really just a few 90degree SNOT connections; the trick is finding how to make those connections with the parts at hand. Maybe I'll make a little tutorial for the Toolbox sometime.

Continuing to play with the parts list. This was my 7th iteration of trying to use the big bar piece with the tileclips for a quad with angled legs. Base frame is 48pcs. Almost exactly the same size as a Scrambler.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby soriansj » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Amazing, amazing, amazing. Once again you've shown us that any new player with zero Legos to start with can actually get a company going for about $10. I've got a thing for antennas so my favorite of your stations is the one in the middle, the antenna tower (if it's an antenna tower). But I certainly do appreciate that turret as well.

Sent from my moto g(6) forge using Tapatalk
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Frame Designs