Ijad Black Behemoths Company (2p scale)

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Ijad Black Behemoths Company (2p scale)

Postby Artasid » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:33 pm

Inspired by Starflowers 2p Frames thread, I decided to make a company of 2p Ijad Behemoths, with some slight changes.

The Black Behemoths are an Ijad Brotherhood that operates in the same fashion as human mercenaries. They regard other Ijadhi like distant cousins and will not hesitate to get into conflicts with them is the situation warents it. They do not seem to have the same religious beliefs as other know Ijadhi clans, but no one has been able to decipher the meaning behind their behavior. Should the rewards meet their needs, they will accept any contract regardless who the client is.

ImageIjad Black Behemoth Company

Individual units:
Soldiers
ImageBlack Behemoth Soldiers
Soldiers: d6Rd d6Rd Sting Beam Laser, d6B Extra Armor Plate, d6Y Tracking Antenna, d6G Quad Mobility

Artillerist
ImageBlack Behemoth Artillerist
Artillerist: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Long Range Missiles, d6Y Tracking Antenna, d6G Quad Mobility

Charger
ImageBlack Behemoth Charger
Charger: d6Rh d6Rh Anti-Frame Saw, d6B d6B Double Extra Armor Plates, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Unlike most companies I build, I even went so far as to make some stations for them as well. A bit odd, but I like them
ImageStations for Black Behemoths
Stations: LEFT TO RIGHT
Crashed Escape Pod
Terrain Office Building
Deployable Repair Bay (Currently Retracted) *With Optional House Rule - See Below

ImageDeployed Repair Bay
*Repair Bay House Rule
This is a house rule that a friend and I created for the Repair Bay feel free to use it:

At the start of your turn, If only one (1) of your frames is within HtH range with the bay, and there is no enemy unit within Direct Fire range or closer, you may choose to attempt to repair one (1) system to that frame. This Frame cannot take any action during this turn before or after the repair attempt. Declare which system you wish to repair and roll a D6 that matches the color of the system you are attempting to repair (Red for any d6Rh d6Rd d6Ra system, Blue for d6B, Yellow for d6Y. and Green for d6G. You can NOT repair d8Rr) If you roll a 6 then you have repaired the system and attach it to your frame. Any other roll fails the attempt.
You may only make one (1) repair attempt per turn.

That is the basic's for the house rule. It may need some refining, but it seems to work when we tried it. Try it yourselves and share your opinions.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Ijad Black Behemoths Company (2p scale)

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:24 pm

Those are so lovingly cute!

Nice complement of systems, simple and effective!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Alexial » Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:31 pm

I really like like the designs, but the office building feels a little bit too small here...
Lurker.
Alexial
Chatty

Postby SamSam » Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:54 pm

robts are to small to use. and black is boring color
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:06 pm

SamSam wrote:robts are to small to use. and black is boring color

Okay. This isn't constructive criticism. Not everyone plays at the same scale so what isn't useful for you may be great for someone else. While you may think Black is boring, there is a reason for the fashion terms "Basic Black" and "Little Black Dress". Keep this in mind going forward. Consider this a formal warning.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:52 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Those are so lovingly cute!

Nice complement of systems, simple and effective!

Thank you VitorFaria, but again, Starflower deserves the shout out, I merely made some slight changes to the legs of the overall design of his 2p build. As for the systems, I tend to go by the 3+1+1 style of play, 3 Soldiers, 1 Long Range, 1 Spotter and/or Close Range. It's a decent formula that seems to work with me most of the time.

Alexial wrote:I really like like the designs, but the office building feels a little bit too small here...

True, the building is smaller than I should have made it. In all honesty it wasn't until after I bricked it when I realized it wasn't up to the scale I was working with. I'll have to correct it.

SamSam wrote:robts are to small to use. and black is boring color

As stated, these are set to 2p scale, so they are supposed to be small. It was also a chance to see how creative I could get using such a small design. A lot of times when I make frames, they tend to become bigger than I was going for and it takes me a few attempts to correct the size. As for the color choice, I was really limited on what is currently available to me. I do agree that a mostly black colored frame is somewhat difficult to take clear pictures of, but I used what I had available to me to make them as clear as possible. And though black is not a 'flashy' color, it's one that I have no problem using.
Last edited by Artasid on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:48 pm

If the scale is really 2p, the building isn't that out of scale. It would be a small building, but still a believable one.

19.8m tall buildings exist around here.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Alexial » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:55 am

Oh. Sorry... that makes perfect sense.
Lurker.
Alexial
Chatty

Return to Frame Designs