Osiris

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Osiris

Postby Aardvark17 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:32 pm

A Nifflid-piloted frame, sworn protector of the aboveground plains.
ImageOsiris by Aardvark17_, on Flickr

Equipped with a standard soldier loadout:
d6B Lightweight hand guard
d6G back-mounted jumpjet array
d6Y All-in-one communications backpack
d6Rd d6Rd Automatic Beam Rifle. Has two grips for optional two-handed usage

ImageOsiris back view by Aardvark17_, on Flickr

I'm really proud of how this one turned out, and I think it rivals the Budgie for my favorite system builds too. Those Niffler pieces are just too cute, and I knew I had to use them eventually. I thought they fit quite good here.

At the end of the build I realized that I accidentally made a gundam - I think there was a lot of subconscious inspiration from Hydromancer here, especially with those big stompy feet.
ImageOsiris - Gundam by Aardvark17_, on Flickr
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Re: Osiris

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:39 pm

Big stompy feet aren't just cool looking, they are science!

Really neat build! I love all the angling going on, gives it a more ready to strike look. The jumpjet array is also pretty nifty.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
Master Solar Union/Federation Fleet Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:26 pm

The Hydromancer wrote:Big stompy feet aren't just cool looking, they are science!

I second this!

Excellent looking in every way possible, down to the color scheme! That black with tan and dark green accents pops like crazy!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:23 pm

Thanks guys!

VitorFaria wrote:Excellent looking in every way possible, down to the color scheme! That black with tan and dark green accents pops like crazy!

Glad you like it! I've found that adding in a few pieces in other colors can really sell the color scheme -- If the skeleton of the frame was all black and the armor plating was all tan, it would look boring, but adding in some details in colors you wouldn't expect (like the white shoulders on a tan frame) can really add a lot of visual variety. The dark green came into the build when I needed a 1x2. A dark green one was laying around and I rolled with it!

The Hydromancer wrote:Really neat build! I love all the angling going on, gives it a more ready to strike look.

Thanks Hydromancer! A big part of the angling just comes from the waist. I've been getting crazy mileage out of that padlock and 45 degree Travis waist.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs