MMMIG: "The Shoulders of Giants" Edition

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

MMMIG: "The Shoulders of Giants" Edition

Postby phayze81 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:37 pm

You may have already noticed something different about this month's MMMIG...

Did you see it yet?

There's no picture! No, Phayze hasn't lost his mind completely, but ride along for a minute.

Anyone involved in the MFZ community should be intimately familiar with the glorious and remarkable Instruction Compilations, both Old and New, though in the year since the Great VitorFaria released the most recent edition there have been a lot of new members added to our community and a lot of new parts added to our inventories, so I wanted to dedicate this first MMMIG of 2019 to recognizing the tremendous work of those who came before us, and also by brazenly copying VitorFaria's "how to use this book" challenge from 2017. ^_^

The challenge this month: Find something in one of those Compilations linked above and franken-frame it together with something else! Mix and match arms, legs, torsos and whatever else from two or more frames and create something unique, or maybe just take an old design and rebuild it using more modern parts and techniques! Get inspired, get creative, and get building!

Special thanks this month to AidenTheHipster on Discord for suggesting this theme! ^^

Previous Threads here:

Have an idea for a future MMMIG? Let me know!
phayze81
Talkative

Re: MMMIG: "The Shoulders of Giants" Edition

Postby Starflower » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:53 am

I'm just scrolling through the old Frame Library compilation, and man, there's like a zillion Eduty frames I need to build! Among others. Seems like I've neglected that old comp.
Starflower
Young Gun

Postby Starflower » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:53 am

So, this is an Ijad Behemoth turned sideways with some Armiger Redux legs. Beefsome!

Starflower
Young Gun

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:49 pm

I wanted to make something based off a Landscript, which kills 3 birds with one stone. So here's one with Zealot arms and Scorpio legs.
The giants in question are MittenNinja (who was mashing up Soren and Malcolm Craig), DRevD, and Foghammer.

(click to embiggen)

I wanted the arms to be a bit beefier but the Zealot arms may be a touch too much with the body and legs. If I brick one up, I'll try some eduty lightsabre arms instead.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:28 pm

... And while we're at it, there was an alarming lack of eduty. So I slapped together a Strideball torso with Shieldbearer legs. Then I realized that MittenNinja had made the Shieldbearer and I'd already used the Landscript above, so I gave it another go with Vartarshol's Shutterbug legs.

The waist on the left one was much simpler and shorter when I put it together in LDD, but I got tired of wrestling with Stud.io when trying to render it. It's intended to be a simple bar with clip stuck in the bottom of the motor brick instead of the lampholder/tile with clip.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:40 pm

Just passing by to say I'm loving this thread and everything contained here!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Valtarshol » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:43 pm

ImageNuchub by Valtarshol Ceirn, on Flickr

This isn't using anything from either compilation, but it IS a mix of a couple things, namely the design of a Chub with the legs off of my Heatsink mk.IV and matching arms
Valtarshol
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:11 am

Hope you don't mind, but here's my submission:

ImageFrankinFrame
FrankinFrame: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Pistol, d6Y Scanner, d6G Quad Mobility

This uses parts from 4 different frames from Vitor Faria's 2017 Compilation PDF
Legs: Vitor Faria's Reclusive Spider
Center Torso: Mark Sakura's Possum
Outer Torsos: Artasid's (Me) Quadmon
Arms: KungFujiApples Darkstar

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Rather than making the arms of the landscript mashup slimmer, I started bricking one up and decided to bulk everything else up a bit instead.

Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Return to Frame Designs