Tennin Power Armor Variants

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Tennin Power Armor Variants

Postby phayze81 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:53 pm

I've never said it explicitly in any of the flavor text I've written for my builds, but for some time now I've considered the fictional universe that I've been creating to be powered by magic, and not science... Or rather, some odd combination of the two... So, I'm embarking on an artistic journey to discover ways of expressing that Magitech soul in some builds. These two are my first attempts.

ImageTennin Power Armor: "Battle Magus" by J Dennis, on Flickr

Though few mobile frame operators take the time to study traditional magic, those who do have found ways of augmenting the Artifice-based technology with their own arcane prowess. This practice can have an impressive synergistic effect, allowing a machine to far surpass it's original design specifications.

Prehensile Tendrils x2 ( d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh)
Scrying Orbs x2 ( d6Y d6Y )
Prana Conversion Rod ( d6Ra d6Ra )
(yeah, I know it's got an extra system...)

ImageC by J Dennis, on Flickr

This heavy assault variant sends its gear/blade/saw-things flying to attack at direct fire range while staying safe behind it's energy shield.

Amotus Serra x2 ( d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd )
Volito Penna ( d6G )
Lux Ambit ( d6B )

Magi/Operators shown for scale.

There are a few other Tennin variants that I've shared previously in posts about specific companies, so instead of reposting them here, I'll just drop a link to this Flickr Album which has them all in one place.
phayze81
Talkative

Re: Tennin Power Armor Variants

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:39 pm

I frickin' love these designs. Everything about them screams fun. Those scrying orbs really stand out to me though, something so interesting about the duality of a frame with floating magic orbs.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Tennin Power Armor Variants

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:05 pm

Interesting asymmetry with the tendrils! That's not easy to pull of!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs