OBS-06 Tesselar

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

OBS-06 Tesselar

Postby Omniscient Frog » Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:17 pm

~Fluff~
Now this one... this one's interesting.

One thing Ouroboros frames have always struggled with is fuel consumption: Prisms and Triptychs can be loaded with a relatively small amount of solid fuel, but more advanced models such as Fractals or Crowns have almost prohibitive fuel costs to reach maximum output potential.

The OBS-06 Tesselar aims to circumvent this issue. Recent advances in the Simulacrum's R&D department (along with some probably occult influencing from their leader) have lead to the development of the Infinity Condenser: a small fuel drive that can draw in so-called "Infinity Energy" from the surrounding environment, creating a theoretically limitless fuel supply. With 5 of these bad boys strapped onto it, the Tesselar should have no problems on the energy consumption front!
~End Fluff~
ImageOBS-06 Tesselar by Omniscient Frog, on Flickr

I wanted to break out from my usual mould, especially in the torso design, so I challenged myself to make a 3-wide torso design without using any 3-long plates. I'm fairly pleased with the results (especially the color blocking, which I LOVE).
*it's noted in the Flickr description, but credit to Drazelic for the arm design.

I might step away from the Ouroboros mechs for a bit, try something completely original. I like the group, but black red and gold starts to get a little monotonous after a while.

Cheers until the next one! Let me know what you think. I'll probably post a follow up when/if I get this thing bricked, and/or if I come up with loadouts for it.
Break through the bindings of reality
Omniscient Frog
Young Gun

Re: OBS-06 Tesselar

Postby SamSam » Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:10 am

Big Befy Bot. I likes
SamSam
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:31 am

Lovely shoulder, might steal!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:16 am

Nice use of that hip joint/ the legs in general. Maybe a little bigger feet (wider and more square, but that's just me :) )
SuspendedAnimation
Chatty

Postby Omniscient Frog » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Lovely shoulder, might steal!

Thanks, although it's stolen and modified from this beauty:
Imagemizukagami_6_lasercleaver_render #2 by Drazelic, on Flickr

SuspendedAnimation wrote:Nice use of that hip joint/ the legs in general. Maybe a little bigger feet (wider and more square, but that's just me :) )

My Ouroboros frames tend to have some pretty small feet overall, and these are the same design as the Prism Crown, which I wanted to pay a bit of homage to with this (it's essentially a spiritual successor).
Break through the bindings of reality
Omniscient Frog
Young Gun

Return to Frame Designs