Letter to Uncle

Post your MFZ-inspired fiction and artwork for others to admire
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All your posts should reflect this

Letter to Uncle

Postby KungFujiApple » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:13 am

This is a letter from Boris Petrov (Boris the Spider), pirate frame developer and sole provider of frames to
the residence on Tamada Seir to his Uncle Tiberius Krate, in which he thinks will most likely be the last letter he writes to him before he dies:

Dear Uncle,

This may be the last time I write you. I am about to make a very serious decision, one that will effect me for the rest of my life. I write to you because not only have you have showed me the ropes of this "business", but because you always tried to take care of Mom and I since Dad died, and because I don't have the heart to tell Mom that this might be my last letter I write.

I know what your about to say Uncle, the first rule about this business is don't get involved. And I I didn't, I wouldn't, I told myself that this is just one conflict in a million. To not focus on the battle, but focus on the opportunity, the lucrative opportunities. And I did, I followed that course, I made more money than I thought I would have already. I've made enough to have a foundation to start my own "business". I gave my clients what they needed for their purposes. I had money, they had the tools for their cause. And I was about to walk away, young and relatively wealthy. Life couldn't be better for me right?

But what I began to hear made me change my perspective. I heard that the last few cities the freedom fighters went to liberate were completely deserted. What came next left a chill in my soul that still is there. The last 3 battles to overtake a city, the oppressive regime put up a good fight at the walls, but when the resistance would finally break through they would find all of the people gone as if they had all just vanished. In some cases seemingly only within just a few hours. Homes were found with food still in the plates at the dinner table that haven't even gotten moldy. Cigarettes were found in the ashtrays still burning, little if any signs of struggle, just gone. No bodies or even traces of bodies could be located.

Entire cities of people, civilians, men women and children are disappearing because of that greedy tyrant. Things are different now, I mean with me. At first I had found a golden ticket, my golden ticket, to make a small fortune selling pirated frames. And business was successful...is even still successful, but now that doesn't seem to matter anymore. Being able to make a profit from a squabble is one thing, but too many people, people who don't want to fight, who just want to live in peace, are suffering. I supply them with a way to fight, yes, but that's not enough. I have decided I am going to help them win their fight, and to see that monster stops hurting the ones he should have been protecting.

I have designed another frame to help put an end to this. I call it the Black Squid. Named and designed after that reoccurring dream I've always had since childhood. I figured I would design a monster to fight against a monster.

This frame, although equipped for close combat is unique, while the Krate (Boris edition) and the Beatdown are meant for head on fighting, the Black Squid is not intentionally designed to fight that way, but rather for stealth and quickness. The Black Squid's color, shape, and technology make it difficult to detect whether visual, infrared, etc. It moves through almost all light waves of the light spectrum the way a fish (or squid) moves through water. The water flows around the fishes body. In a similar way, light waves (in its various forms) flow around the frame, not perfectly, but enough for effective stealth. The frame is light and sleek, making its movement and attacks quick and precise, while being very hard to detect.

The frames design and interface also makes it capable of being used by both the Human and Ijad freedom fighters. My crew has made a little over a dozen. They have also made modifications to our signature frames: the Beatdown, the Dust Devil, and the Ivan, which we now call the Doomsday version. These frames, my crew, and myself are now a part of this fight. Here is a vid cap of our crews work, wish us luck uncle:

Image.
The Whirlwind (Doomsday Version)
by KungFujiApple, on Flickr

By the time you read this you may have already noticed there is a hefty amount of funds deposited in your "account". I left 1/2 of the small fortune I made for you and Mom, regardless if I make it out of here alive or not, it is for you both.

I am uncertain of what the future holds, but I am confident that somehow we will see each other again. Until that time, take care of yourself and when you can, Mom too. She has often mentioned about how her little brother was such a rascal, her favorite rascal.

Till next time (for I am confident that somehow there will be a next time),

I love you Uncle.

-Boris
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Letter to Uncle

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:29 pm

That is a poignant piece of short fiction, KungFujiApple; well done!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 pm

That brings back some awesome memories from the budget frame war, love how this ties itself to it!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:59 am

spacemonkey wrote:That is a poignant piece of short fiction, KungFujiApple; well done!
Thank you :). Writing is definitely not my strong quality, but m glad you enjoyed

VitorFaria wrote:That brings back some awesome memories from the budget frame war, love how this ties itself to it!
Thank you :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Mobile Frame Fan Fiction