ProtoFrames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

ProtoFrames

Postby Artasid » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:10 am

I actually started a Fan Fiction based off these builds (Where ProtoFrames Dare), however it occurred to me that I should probably post them so that those who read it might have a better understanding what they are.

ProtoFrames are machines that are worn like Battlesuits, but with mechanics that are more likely found in everyday frames. Though they outperform most battlesuits and battlearmors that are fielded today, they do not quite meet the standards for even the basics of frames. ProtoFrames are designated between the two. They are considered by most a 'Poor man's Frame' or even a 'Rich man's Battlesuit'. Though the operator is quite exposed in the machine, it is not likely to be used in territories that are plagued with toxic atmospheric conditions, though it can often be useful in situations where the operator may have to quickly get on or off the machine at a moments notice, such as urban combat where the individual may need to infiltrate a building too small for a frame to fit.

ImageProtoFrames
Desert Camo: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Cannon, d6B Armored Legs, d6Y Comm Tower
Artic Camo: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Howitzer, d6B Arm Shield

ImageJungle ProtoFrame with Chub
Jungle Camo: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Machetes, d6G Jump Pods, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

ImageProto Inspection

EDIT: I'll even include an LDD file for anyone interested in making their own. This includes all 3 ProtoFrames posted here
ProtoFrames LDD

I hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: ProtoFrames

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:42 am

That is a really really fantastic design, has a "complex simplicity" look to it. The Desert and Arctic camo look great and that Jungle one is stellar. But that is not all, the way you have it fit the universe as a "poor man's frame" or "rich man's battle suit" is ingenious. And still we are not finished, that little bit of fan fiction Where Proto Frames Dare is just plain delicious. This is one of your top works in my opinion because, not only is the design amazing, but the depth behind them is tremendous. Awesome bro :D

- I also thought this vehicle design would have been a good addition to the January 2018 monthly build,Expose Yourself edition.-
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Re: ProtoFrames

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:25 am

I love designs that thread the lines between classifications, and those surely don't disappoint!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Frame Designs