Nisse HI's NH-M1 "Vilse"

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Nisse HI's NH-M1 "Vilse"

Postby phayze81 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am

ImageNH-M1 "Vilse" - Soldier Ver. by J Dennis, on Flickr

ImageNH-M1 "Vilse" - Test Type by J Dennis, on Flickr

ImageNH-M1 "Vilse" - Rollout Ver. by J Dennis, on Flickr

ImageNH-M1 "Vilse" - Torso Breakdown by J Dennis, on Flickr

Phayze Fructification, inc. is the undeniable leader in mobile frame manufacturer in the Goodfellow Cluster, though they are not without stiff competition.

Nisse Heavy Industries operates primarily on Seitte Fyra, a generally productive, but unremarkable colony considered by most in the Goodfellow Cluster to be an easily forgettable backwater.

The mass produced Vilse is in common use on Seitte Fyra, where it can be found serving in any number of roles from agriculture to security and beyond.

"Vilse" is swedish for "Astray", which is a reference I expect most people still reading this will understand. ^^

This began with an attempt to rebuild my old Naked Graze skeleton into something better sized for MFZ, then I got got sidetracked and started experimenting with making a torso that tapers from 2 studs at the chest to 1 stud at the abdomen and then pretty much completely forgot about the Graze. Creativity, right?

The secret to getting the shoulders where I like them came from the old 1x1 round with towball (or maxifig hand, if you prefer), which let me rotate the ball joints into a little bit of a shrug.
phayze81
Talkative

Re: Nisse HI's NH-M1 "Vilse"

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:28 pm

Excellent update and frame design!
SuspendedAnimation
Chatty

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 am

So fantastic! The frame design, shape, color and backstory are all superb. Really appreciate the breakdown too (I would suggest also putting the breakdown in the Dem Bones forum). Great work man :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Excellent inner frame structure!

One could trade the 1x1 rounds with balls sandwiched between 2x1 plates with some basic ball and pins inside 1x1 with holes to make it slightly cheaper. The arms would sit lower but that could be dealt with in many ways.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby phayze81 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:35 pm

SuspendedAnimation wrote:Excellent update and frame design!

Thanks!

KungFujiApple wrote:So fantastic! The frame design, shape, color and backstory are all superb. Really appreciate the breakdown too (I would suggest also putting the breakdown in the Dem Bones forum). Great work man :D

Thanks for the lofty praise, and the great idea! I've added this to Dem Bones as well. ^^

VitorFaria wrote:Excellent inner frame structure!

One could trade the 1x1 rounds with balls sandwiched between 2x1 plates with some basic ball and pins inside 1x1 with holes to make it slightly cheaper. The arms would sit lower but that could be dealt with in many ways.

Thanks! I'm still trying hard to come up with something as good as Lockon. ^^

I actually started this build using the technic pin w/ ball idea that you had, but I just didn't like where the shoulder sat relative to the head. It works, and I think a better builder than I could probably make it look pretty rad. I really wish LEGO would just bring that piece back from the dead... it's so good!!
phayze81
Talkative

Return to Frame Designs