MMMIG: "Behind Schedule" Edition

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

MMMIG: "Behind Schedule" Edition

Postby phayze81 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:47 pm

Guess what! It's [past] time once again for the Monthly Mecha Making Inspiration Game!

Has everyone had as much trouble finding brick time as I have lately? It's been a rough Spring...

Source

If you're new to this (and you might be, because we've seen quite a surge in new M0F0s lately, it seems), then the idea here is to look long at this image and then build something - anything, really - that it inspires you to build. Easy right?

Hit the source link for a few more interesting variations in the same style!

Previous Threads here:

Have an idea for a future MMMIG? Let me know!
phayze81
Talkative

Re: MMMIG: "Behind Schedule" Edition

Postby YuutaroHiroshio » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:42 pm

I've admittedly been chipping away at trying to get two complete companies myself. I'm close, just short two parts. But since I'd have to wait to grab the parts I need, I gave this a shot, actually like how this came out and could be useable in a company.

Thinking of calling this the Tyranno.
Spoiler: show

Tyranno: d6Rd d6Rd d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra d6Y

The frame next to it is part of the finished company I have atm, and is roughly the size of a chub. Standing at max height it is pretty tall, but might still be able to get away with it in 7p.

Edit: Had to remove two parts to fit it in the 10x10 box, since it was just too big on two of the axis, but otherwise unchanged.
YuutaroHiroshio
Newcomer

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Nice first entry to the challenge!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby phayze81 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:41 pm

Very nice, indeed!

We're halfway through June, folks - there's still plenty of time to play along!
phayze81
Talkative

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:35 am

I would first like to commend phayze81 for putting together these themed builds every month. It seems like every month I think " alright yeah, I'm going to put one together, I'm gonna support my buds " and then the end of the month comes and goes so fast. So I wanted to submit something this month before it's over.

I built a company of these already, but was waiting to put together a backstory and such, but just have not had the time, grrrr. When I started making this build, I was originally designing it after the Lockon frame, since it was my first time using ball and socket joints. But I got sidetracked also trying to make a Twank frame variation. I thought why not combine the two, and here we are, I call it the Twonk. So I submit this because I was inspired by two great builders PB and VitorFaria. Thanks guys for all your awesome work. :D

I've come to find that this build fits mostly with the middle one in this months picture. I know that it's a little backwards in how to do the monthly challenge, but I still wanted to contribute.

image.jpeg

More of this to come later down the road
Last edited by KungFujiApple on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby PJ_Nichts » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:34 pm

ImageCannon Walker: Monthly Mecha June 2018 by PJ Nichts, on Flickr

Made a quick little guy for this month. If you couldn't tell, I was heavily inspired by the mech on the far right.
PJ_Nichts
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:14 am

That quick little mech is quick little super awesome! Great build :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby phayze81 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:36 pm

Totally agree with Kungfuji! Awesome legs (as I said on Flickr), and great interpretation of the source. ^^
phayze81
Talkative

Postby phayze81 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:52 am

Crap! My dumb phone was running slowly, and I totally missed Kungfuji's adorable little addition to the thread! : Facepalm:

Backwards? Not at all! That kind of creative process is EXACTLY what these threads are made to encourage, and the result is great!
phayze81
Talkative

Postby SmilingMad » Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Behind schedule ^2.
Inspired by the leg design and general shape of #1 (although the legs were taken from an older frame of mine), #2's leg colours, and the contrasting orange/yellow detail. A frame designed for scouting and exploration purposes. The repulsor pack on its back gives it the mobility it requires to traverse alien landscapes, while the sensor pod under its torso takes note of the surroundings.
SmilingMad
Young Gun

Return to Frame Designs