Traveler Class Light Frame

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Traveler Class Light Frame

Postby KungFujiApple » Sat May 05, 2018 11:09 pm

Wow! First of all darksyntax, great job! Looks amazing and I'm sure as VitorFaria feels, it is a tremendous compliment and homage to both his design and Vincent's 5gen. Very nice work :)

To VitorFaria: yeah just amazing in all its simplicity and beauty. This entire Pale Coyote Team is gorgeous. Love it! Keep em coming! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon May 07, 2018 7:18 pm

Thanks again, KungFuji!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Fri May 11, 2018 4:19 pm

Still distracted by the Traveler class light frame and the solid combination of budget and good looks, I looked at increasing the budget-focus by replacing the taps and claws. (Without taps (T’s), Traveler became ‘Raveler. :)). The 'Raveler relies on a lot of 1x1 round plate single stud connections so it's a little fiddly, but all my experimenting yielded a LOT of variations on how to build a 'Raveler so pretty much anyone with a reasonable amount of Lego should be able to build some frames and play MFZ.

This LDD file contains a base 'Raveler, all the core frame variations, and LOTS of options for bulking it out.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Sat May 12, 2018 12:20 pm

That's beyond amazing, darksyntax! Gotta love your signature C6-esque joints!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Aardvark17 » Sat May 12, 2018 12:25 pm

These are super neat! And also, I love that LDD file you included. It's super cool, I'll have to spend some time to mess around with it. Very nice!
Check out my Flickr if you want
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby HyveMynd » Sun May 13, 2018 9:44 pm

Girl howdy am I glad I wandered back to the Hangar (though it took me a few tries to remember my password), because those Traveler/Raveler frames are hutching fantastic.

I have no idea when I'll be able to bust out my LEGO again (toddlers have an annoying habit of getting into everything) but when I do I'm going to try and brick-up a company of those awesome frames.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby darksyntax » Mon May 14, 2018 11:50 am

VitorFaria wrote:That's beyond amazing, darksyntax! Gotta love your signature C6-esque joints!

Thanks, all! My time with the C6 limitation really helped my building skills when it comes to Lego-maths and implied articulation via spacing and color.
Aardvark17 wrote:These are super neat! And also, I love that LDD file you included. It's super cool, I'll have to spend some time to mess around with it. Very nice!

Thanks! Most welcome for the LDD file; if it enables someone build frames and play, my job is done.
HyveMynd wrote:...those Traveler/Raveler frames are hutching fantastic. ...I'm going to try and brick-up a company...

Thanks! Credit has to go to Vitor for initiating this; I rarely have the initial inspiration, but I love tweaking and mod'ing other's designs. Can't wait to see what you build. Take a look at the LDD file; tons of options.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon May 14, 2018 2:13 pm

I really like the gun the middle one is carrying.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun May 20, 2018 10:00 am

Ok, so the TCLF is a simple genius frame. Now darksyntax, makes a version of it that meets the TTT challenge, the Raveler, and it's so ridiculously amazing. That's some great work on an already great piece of work. Absolutely love it! :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Frame Designs