Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby SamSam » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:13 am

I like thos hollnders. lots of choice. those squidheads are nice to. make more and give buildin instruction.s please
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:28 pm

SamSam wrote:... those squidheads are nice to. make more and give buildin instruction.s please

Here's an LDD file for the SquidHeads. There are 4 variants included. I have bricked them all, but I have yet to take pics of the remaining 2.

SquidHeads with Variants LDD

I hope you enjoyed and I always am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:21 pm

Many often confuse the Scrambie frame with that of the Scrambler. This is easily understandable since both frames are close relatives and have many similar characteristics. However, there are differences that one should take into account when decided if the frame they encounter is a Scrambler or a Scrambie.
The Scrambler's core body rides relatively low to the ground, while the Scrambies core has a slight elevation (particularly in its hindeside). The Scrambler also has a multi-layered shell which allows it to wield multiple or heavy equipment whereas the Scrambies shell is not as rugged and is limited to what systems it may carry.
Scramblers have been shown to be an Ijads common combat frame of choice. The Scrambie is more of a light attack unit, and because of their system limitations, it is unlikely an Ijad family will exclusively deploy them.

ImageScrambies
LEFT TO RIGHT
1: d6Ra d6Ra Howitzer, d6G Quad Mobility
2: d6Y Comms Relay, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
3: d6Rd d6Rd Twin Stingers, d6G Quad Mobility

I hope you enjoy and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Aardvark17 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:31 am

Absolutely loving that forward-leaning stance, it just looks so good! And it's accomplished with such a simple and clever switchup of the leg build. Also have to give props to that Howitzer. Really great stuff Artasid, I like these ones a lot.
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:14 am

Aardvark17 wrote:Absolutely loving that forward-leaning stance, it just looks so good! And it's accomplished with such a simple and clever switchup of the leg build. Also have to give props to that Howitzer. Really great stuff Artasid, I like these ones a lot.

Thank you Aardvark17, they were originally going to be simple Scramblers, but I thought "Why not give them a bit of a change'? and the leg idea just hit me.
Feel free to make your own, here's an LDD file of the basic core build, though I bet you can perhaps tell what is used from the pic alone
Scrambie Core LDD
If you, or anyone is interested in bricking your own, I would be eager to see what you come up with.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:51 am

Back to building BattleTech/MechWarrior mechs. This time a pair of light mechs

ImageBT Flea and Commando
Flea (Left) d6Rh d6Rh Flamer, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers
Commando (Right) d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual SRM's, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser

I apologize for the Commando's head, however, it was the closest I could get towards the source material.
I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:37 pm

The commando head is actual perfection, Artasid, and missile tubes, and just about everything, really!

Love the Flea as well, loved the way you built the "snout"!

Those are really among your best builds by far!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:04 am

I like flea, but that commando is mexy! I have question. do you sell part or kits? Id buy a commondo
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:01 am

VitorFaria wrote:The commando head is actual perfection, Artasid, and missile tubes, and just about everything, really!

Love the Flea as well, loved the way you built the "snout"!

Those are really among your best builds by far!

Yikes! :shock: Was not expecting such praise. But thank you VitorFaria. I was a bit worried that the Commando would seem a bit too Chubdam-like with the head and the feet. The snout on the Flea was a bit of an odd choice. Originally I was going to use a modified 2x1 plate with bar to act like grills, but it didn't look right for the most part, so I opted for this appearance instead. Glad you liked it.

SamSam wrote:I like flea, but that commando is mexy!...

Uhh… Thanks?? :?
SamSam wrote:...I have question. do you sell part or kits? Id buy a commondo

Unfortunately I really don't know how to go about selling/distributing parts and or kits so I would have to say no. However, I can give you a LDD file so you can brick your own once you get the parts. You can buy nearly all the parts from either Bricklink or the LEGO Online Store (That's where I got the parts to make this one.)

Commando LDD
I hope this helps
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:14 pm

With all the recent talk of a new Steven Universe Movie upcoming, and the fact that Mantisking already did Peridots robot here, I decided to make Pearls robot from the Steven Universe episode 'Back to the Barn' (Season02Episode20). I know its not perfect, but I like it.

ImagePearl Bot
Pearl Bot: d6Rh d6Rh Nosecone Drill, d6G Wheeled Feet, d6G Afterburner, d8G No Ranged Weaponry.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:15 am

Yet another Battlemech for you all to feast your eyes upon and weep in glorious rapture. lol

ImageBT Osiris
Osiris: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Machine Gun and SRM, d6Rd d6Rd Medium Laser, d6G Jump Jets

And since it's been asked of me multiple times, I'll include a LDD file for anyone interested in bricking their own.

Osiris LDD

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:29 am

Great solution for the rounded conical front, Artasid!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:57 am

This next Battlemech, I must admit, I'm a bit disappointed in. I just could not get the shaping right particularly the head. However, that did not deter me from trying my best. Who knows? Maybe someone will see this and improve upon it. (I hope)

ImageBT Piranha
Piranha: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Lots of Machine Guns, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers.

Again, I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:41 am

The Piranha is a particularly difficult one, it's silhouette is mostly a basic humanoid, and all details and characteristics that differentiates it from other mechs are very tiny.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby SamSam » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 pm

yeh head on pirahna look weird, but rest look ok. Make madkat next
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:35 pm

SamSam wrote:... Make madkat next

You really like Mad Cats. They're one of my favorite Clan mechs too. Of course who could not like them, I mean they are as iconic to BattleTech as Tracer is to Overwatch, Yugi to Yu-Gi-Oh! or Pickachu to Pokémon. (But FAR less annoying.) Per your request

ImageBT Mad Cat
Mad Cat: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRMs

Its ironic actually that I just now, as posting this realized I colored the Mad Cat as a Pickachu, Will that rodent EVER die?!? lol j/k
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:49 pm

The AWOLS are NOT named after the old Terran Military term: Absent without Leave. Instead, it is an acronym of Armed Walker Omni Load Series. These quad platforms have shown potential in various combat roles and their cheap construction, plus abundant building materials makes them appealing for budget seekers looking for quality semi-militaristic frames.

ImageAWOLS
LEFT: d6Rd d6Rd Top Turret, d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Swarm Launchers, d6G Thrusters
RIGHT: d6Y Targeting Scope, d6Y Radar Tail, d6G Thrusters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:36 pm

Yikes! This AWOL design is A-mazing :lol: . Seriously though this quad style build looks fantastic!
- KFA frame compilation
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:04 am

KungFujiApple wrote:Yikes! This AWOL design is A-mazing :lol: . Seriously though this quad style build looks fantastic!

Thank you KungFujiApple. These originally started as tablescraps, but the common parts for the main body made them seem more like budget frames instead. Of course I can't label them as such because they use T-Pieces, and one even has Travis'. But one can dream...

A Long while back, during one of my previous BattleTech/MechWarrior building sprees, I constructed a Hunchback with an option to be upgraded to it's Clan IIC counterpart. However, back then it used building techniques that are rather strange and even to this day, I'm still not quite sure how I managed to get the ACs attached to the body. And unfortunately, I had it deconstructed long before I learned how to use LDD, so these pics are all I have left to fall back on when and IF I decide to reconstruct it.
ImageA few BattleTech Frames
ImageHunchback IIc

HOWEVER!!!
Instead of wracking my brain trying to rediscover how I did it, I decided the better thing, instead, would be to construct a completely different Hunchback, this time using a more Chub like structure for simplicity. And yes, this one also has a IIC upgrade option.

ImageBT Hunchback
Hunchback: d6Rh d6Rh AC/20, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers

Upgrade!
ImageBT Hunchback IIC
Hunchback IIC: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Ultra AC/20s, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I am eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Arctic Banana » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:34 am

Artasid wrote:I'm still not quite sure how I managed to get the ACs attached to the body.

It looks like maybe you used jumper plates attached to 1x1 technic bricks. I built one and it looks about right.

ImageImageImage
If playing Dungeons & Dragons has taught me one thing, it's that you should probably not trust someone who introduces themselves with the phrase "GREETINGS FELLOW MORTALS IT IS I."
Arctic Banana
Chatty

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs