Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Artasid » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:52 am

Newest random frame: The SkuttleTank.

ImageSkuttleTank
ImageSkuttleTank with Chub
SkuttleTank: d6Rd d6Rd 75 MM Gun Cannon, d6B Armor Plating, d6Y Radio Antenna, d6G Quad Mobility

An attempt at making a new All-Terrain tank design. However, with the inclusion of Muscle Cylinders (Primarily in the legs) this machine is more frame than vehicle, though many might argue the lines between the two distinctions are too blurred to make an accurate assumption. With a top heavy profile, and armored hull, the SkuttleTank may not provide the smoothest ride, but it has proven to get around most obstacles, which serves the role the designers were aiming for.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT: Forgot to post it's loadouts
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:38 am

Due to the surprising success of the SkuttleTanks mobile performances, wartime contractors have placed demands on several variants of the SkuttleTank, show below are two such new versions

Scout Variant
ImageSkuttleTank Scout Variant
ScuttleTank Scout: d6Y d6Y Advanced Tracking Radar Array, d6B Armored Plates, d6G Quad Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Artillery Variant
ImageSkuttleTank Artillery Variant
ScuttleTank Artillery: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Artemis Arrow Missile Pods (AAM), d6B Armored Plates, d6G Quad Mobility

Further loadouts are expected in the near future, so order yours today before they sell out!

On another matter, I mostly made this next frame out of boredom and it's more of a tablescrape, but it looks semi-table worthy, so I'll share it.
ImageCavedog Flea
Cavedog Flea: d6Rd d6Rd Mini Pulse Cannons, d6B Extra Side Armor, d6G Quad Mobility

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby SamSam » Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:54 am

you just give tank bot nuw top. like how difernt top change looks
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:04 pm

2 new randoms for you to gaze upon.

ImagePlasCrab
PlasCrab: d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual Long Range Swarmers, d6Y d6Y Dual High Sensory Eyes

This one originally started as a crude attempt at one of Mark Sakura's Hera-Tick designs, but ended up going in a slightly different direction all together. I like to think the Ijad would use this frame for land, water, and high temperate area operations.

There's not much to say on this next one, other than I wanted to make a heavy-duty loader/construction frame
ImageLoader Frame Crank
Crank: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Crane Arms, d6B Re-Enforced Chassis, d6Y Work Lights, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I hope you all enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share. This includes, but is not limited to: Questions, Concerns, Insults, Remarks, Threats, Praise, or Statements of any kind.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:24 am

Using the Chibi Chub torso build as a starting point, I created these next randoms:

ImageChibi Osprey
Chibi Osprey: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6B Shield, d6G Omnidirectional Thruster Pack

Though I have been told that Ospreys are actually slightly modded Chubs, I still would like to see more of them, since Chubs seem to get all the love. Ospreys need some attention too people!!! :evil:
Just kidding :lol:

These next ones are to increase the idea of hover based frames, since there are not many out there.
ImageSwamp Skite
Swamp Skite: d6Ra d6Ra Howitzer, d6Y Tracking Beacon, d6G Hover Pods, d6G Propulsion Thrusters,
ImageSwamp Skite Rustic
Rustic: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Shoulder Lasers, d6Y Comms Antenna, d6G Hover Pods

These one I REALLY like and if I can get more of the right parts, I would gladly make a full company of these.

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:57 am

I was glancing through the old Mobile Frame Library and Project Book, looking for some ideas to experiment with. I happened upon XGundam05's Convict build and decided to make one of my own, with some slight changes.

ImageConvict
Convict: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Missile Pod, d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6Y Antenna, d6G Jump Jets.

Hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Newest random. Not much in backstory fluff other than I was experimenting with various parts and connections.

ImageBattleArmor Prax
ImageBattleArmor Prax Rear
B.A. Prax: d6Rh d6Rh Sonic Cutter, d6Rd d6Rd Blaster, d6G d6G Lot's of Propulsion Exhaust Ports

Hope you enjoyed.
Any comments, questions or suggestions are openly welcomed.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:13 am

Newest random frame with new random station. I do not have a random station thread yet, and I doubt I'll make enough to warrant one, so for now, I'll post one here. The Frame is a Black Scourge, original design by Pascal.

ImageBlack Scourge and Turret
Black Scourge: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6Y Antenna, d6G Jump Jets
Station: Stationary Anti-Air gun turret.

I don't say this often enough about stations I brick, but I am really glad how well that turret turned out.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:31 pm

Excellent use of bar studs, Artasid!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:21 am

Very recently, Aardvark17 posted in the Dog Fight Build Challenge Submission Thread, several fighter designs. One of which I took immediate interest in: The Hellion. I loved the design as a fighter, but I started to experiment with the idea of using the design for the core of a frame, So I stuck legs to it, added a few systems and volia! New Frame, the Walker Hellion!

ImageWalker Hellion Frame
Walker Hellion: d6Rd d6Rd Rail Cannon, d6B Defense Flare Tubes, d6Y Antenna, d6G Leg Jumpers

SUPER SPECIAL THANKS TO AARDVARK17 FOR SHARING THE BUILD!
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Just to test how versatile Aardvark17's Hellion Fighter design is, I bricked 2 more frames using the Hellion as the central core as I had in the previous post, only this time, I wanted to try different frame variants. I like the Quad aspect, but I currently lack the parts to give it the kind of legs I was aiming for, but the ones currently are servicible. The Biped one uses Mixel ball joints and provides a wide range of articulations.
Thanks still to Aardvark17 for his Hellion design.

ImageHellion Fighter Frame Variants
WHITE: d6Rd d6Rd Sting Laser, d6Y Targeting Beam, d6G Quad Mobility
BLUE: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Arm Machine Guns, d6Y d6Y Dual Tracking Arrays.

This next one is a random frame that has some inspiration from the Vulture/Mad Dog Battlemech

ImageBlood Vulture
Blood Vulture: d6Ra d6Ra Howitzer Cannon, d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Twin Forearm Machine Guns

I hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:53 pm

The Mozhno (Russian for 'Can') is an oddity. Many often call it the 'Walking Trashcan". No one is quite sure of the purpose for this frame. Some speculate that it was meant to be a type of construction frame. Others think it was a deep sea exploration capsule. It is rather top heavy, and it's movements are sluggish which dispels the idea this frame was meant for combat.
Regardless of the reasons for this frame, it is commonly agreed that the designers of this machine were either crazy, demented or downright weird. And that might be the whole point to this frames design, but no one is certain.

ImageMozhno
Mozhno: d6B d6B Multiple Armor Plates, d6Y Antenna, d6G Rear Boosters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Alexial » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:59 pm

We barely survived the last budget frame war
Lurker.
Alexial
Chatty

Postby Blorf » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:27 pm

Artasid wrote:No one is quite sure of the purpose for this frame.

Nonsense! What you have there is most definitely an armless Nomad Fixbot.

(Anyone who gets the reference without looking it up can be my friend forever.)
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Blorf wrote:Nonsense! What you have there is most definitely an armless Nomad Fixbot.

(Anyone who gets the reference without looking it up can be my friend forever.)

Holy Mother Poop! You are right! :lol: And to be honest, I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out. Thank you Blorf
Artasid
Old Guard

Previous

Return to Frame Designs