Just some Random Frames

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Just some Random Frames

Postby Atavism » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:53 pm

This new guy is really fun! You captured the re-enforced diver/aquatic look perfectly. I like the printed tile on the shoulder, too.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:I really like how greebly you made this, it looks very purposeful!

SuspendedAnimation wrote:Nice choice on the arms and excellent design on the legs/feet!

Atavism wrote:This new guy is really fun! You captured the re-enforced diver/aquatic look perfectly. I like the printed tile on the shoulder, too.

Thanks guys, I was purposely going for the old 1980's retro submersible vibe and I'm glad it seems to speak out that way.
I was looking at Deep Geek and I thought that he could use an underwater friend.
So... Why Not Zoidberg?

ImageSteel Crab
Crab: d6Rh d6Rh Claw, d6B d6B Multi Armor Plates, d6G Scuttle Mobility, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Ok, so it's not a lobster like Zoidberg :roll: but I still like how this one turned out.

I have one more random to share. This one I just call Random Buster because of reasons.

ImageRandom Buster
Buster: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Megaton Knuckles, d6Y Gyro Antenna, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

Believe it or not, the central torso of this build, originally was meant to be the head of another Suzerain I was attempting, but the build went in a completely different direction and I let it take me on a ride.
Hope you enjoyed and as always I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:16 pm

I usually use those hands in 14p builds, but they look great here! :D
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:36 am

Love the deep sea frame designs, especially the crab (love the Zoidberg reference). I mean the Ijad have got to get into this deep sea action too :lol: .. I also love the Mechaton knuckles on the Random Buster. Very nice shoulder joint on the Random Buster too :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed May 09, 2018 1:12 am

Sorry for the late appearance all. I've been having difficulties with life lately and I have not had the time to devote to LEGO builds as I used to. However, I have managed to squeeze in some time lately so I will be showing off a group of randoms at once.

ImageGroup of Randoms
YELLOW: d6G Grappling Gun, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
TAN: d6B Chest Plate, d6B Shoulder Plate, d6G Exhaust Pipe, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
BLUE 1: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual SRM's, d6Y Tracker, d6G Propellers
RED: d6Rd d6Rd Turret Gun, d6B d6B Heavily Armored Legs, d6G Rear Thrusters
BLUE 2: d6Rd d6Rd Combat Rifle, d6G Jump Jets

I apologize for the rush job on these, but as they stand right now, I'm happy with them, though I wish I had different parts to use for the Propellers, But you got to work with what you have. lol
Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:49 pm

Artasid wrote:I apologize for the rush job on these
No need to apologize, if life gets in the way, we can all understand that. Don't ever feel like you have to be making frames when you don't have the time.

That said, I am a big fan of the blue flying frame in the back. I'd love to see more angles of it, is it built around 4 1x1s with side studs?
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby Artasid » Wed May 09, 2018 2:51 pm

Aardvark17 wrote:... I am a big fan of the blue flying frame in the back. I'd love to see more angles of it, is it built around 4 1x1s with side studs?

Correct, though I would have liked to use 2 2x1's with side studs but I did not have them in the right colors.
ImageHover Frames Partial Breakdown
Also as an fyi, that is a minifig handlebar used to connect the legs to the body, I wasn't sure if this pic made it clear enough to see.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Aardvark17 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:06 pm

Awesome, thanks for the breakdown! :D
Aardvark17
Been Around The Block

Postby VitorFaria » Wed May 09, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm with Aardvark here, that blue frame has so much personality! I like the concept, might give it a try.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu May 10, 2018 4:02 am

Aardvark17 wrote:Awesome, thanks for the breakdown! :D

No prob. If you need me to make a full breakdown, let me know and I will try to get one to you.

VitorFaria wrote:I'm with Aardvark here, that blue frame has so much personality! I like the concept, might give it a try.

Thank you VitorFaria, and I hope you do give it a try. I would love to see your take on the design.
It's particularly simple plus it does not have a single Travis, Tab or T-Piece in it.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

I did some alterations and I found that the random hover frame does have a lot of personality. With a few parts swaps, it is rather quite customizable.

ImageCustom Hover Randoms
RED: d6Ra d6Ra Long Range Cannon, d6G Propellers
TAN: Systemless

These next ones I actually got the idea from a very old movie called 'Return To Oz'. They are based off the main villians minions called Wheelers.

ImageWheelers
LEFT: d6Y Back Scanner, d6G Wheeled Hands, d6G Wheeled Feet, d8G No Ranged Weaponry
RIGHT: d6Ra d6Ra Mortar, d6G Wheeled Hands, d6G Wheeled Feet

These would make great Underground Racing Frames, or as quick scouts/reinforcements.

Hope you enjoyed and I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.

EDIT:
Here's an LDD file on the original blue hover frame for anyone interested
Blue Hover with Stand
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon May 14, 2018 5:54 pm

Man, that movie is screwed up, nightmare fuel stuff!

Your builds, however, are quite pleasing to the eye, nice work as usual, Artasid!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu May 17, 2018 5:11 am

VitorFaria wrote:Man, that movie is screwed up, nightmare fuel stuff!

Agreed. The Deadly Desert kept me from going to the beach for nearly a year. And I won't start on the Witch's gallery of living heads...

Anyway, got another new random to share. This one is called Barias, which is Japanese for 'Barrier', and I hope you can see why I named it thus

ImageBarias
Black Legs (LEFT) d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Cannons, d6B Energy Shields
Grey Legs (RIGHT) d6B Energy Shields, d6B Backup Shield Generator, d6G Rear Booster Pods, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I like the semi alien flower look of these guys, however I do not have enough of the trans blue shield pieces to make a full company.
Hope you enjoyed and I am always eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Thu May 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Beautiful use of trans blue, Artasid! Really nailed the alien pod look!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Sun May 20, 2018 10:26 am

Artasid wrote:
VitorFaria wrote:Man, that movie is screwed up, nightmare fuel stuff!

Agreed. The Deadly Desert kept me from going to the beach for nearly a year. And I won't start on the Witch's gallery of living heads...

Lol, Dude the Witch's gallery of living heads really makes me wonder. I mean who thought: "the audience who's going to see this movie is mainly kids, so let's mess with their minds." I don't know about you, but that's still scary now :lol: Seriously it is though.

Anyways, Artasid great job on creating a frame that encompasses the "wheeler" look. That is a really good idea for a frame, and frame unit. I am really diggin the red and tan hover frames, they are small but pack a ton of personality. I also love the way the duel cannons go over the black leg Barias.

Nice work bro :D
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue May 22, 2018 2:17 am

Thanks guys. I try to make things unique or strange to pique interest. Hopefully I've done just that.

Very recently I began experimenting with building frames in Micro scale. I even built a full company of Jenner IIc's in micro size (Micro Jenner IIc's). But I got to wondering:
IS there a minimum size limit for building scale? I know that there is a maximum ratio but I do not remember reading anything about smaller sizing. Please let me know if you find any such ruling. Thank you.
Back to building micro mechs, I made 4 more mostly for fun, and because someone has been requesting a Mad Cat

ImageMicro BattleMechs
LEFT TO RIGHT
Locust: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Machine Guns, d6Rd d6Rd Meduim Laser
Marauder: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6Ra d6Ra Autocannon/5
Thor (Summoner): d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual LBX Autocannons, d6Ra d6Ra LRM 15
Mad Cat (Timber Wolf) d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Medium Lasers, d6Ra d6Ra d8Ra Dual LRM 20s

Hope you enjoyed and I am always eagerly awaiting any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue May 22, 2018 8:00 pm

As long as your opponents agree and have frames of similar size, you can go as small as you wish, Artasid!

Those look wonderful, I like the fact that those are actually pretty close to the size of an actual Battletech mini!
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 am

I love micro sized. Some of these micro sized frames are really nice. That Locust on the left is the bees knees :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SamSam » Wed May 23, 2018 3:27 am

You mde MadCat! Thanx You! I like blu one to. Thor look wierd tho
SamSam
Talkative

Postby Artasid » Wed May 23, 2018 4:19 am

VitorFaria wrote:As long as your opponents agree and have frames of similar size, you can go as small as you wish, Artasid!

Thank you VitorFaria, I didn't want to unintentionally break any size rulings with my mirco scales. Again, thank you for clarifying.
VitorFaria wrote:Those look wonderful, I like the fact that those are actually pretty close to the size of an actual Battletech mini!

I actually have a lot of BattleTech minis (The pewter ones you have to build yourself). I was a huge BattleTech tabletop player before finding Mobile Frame Zero. I even have a lot of the Dark Age and Age of Destruction Mini Clix figures. I HATED it when Wizkids discontinued it.
KungFujiApple wrote:I love micro sized. Some of these micro sized frames are really nice. That Locust on the left is the bees knees :)

Thanks KungFujiApple. The Locust seems to be getting the most attention I've noticed. I might just make a full company of them like I did with the Jenner IIc's (Once I find all the right color pieces of course.)
SamSam wrote:You mde MadCat! Thanx You! I like blu one to. Thor look wierd tho

You've made several requests for a Mad Cat, and I'm glad you like it. I'm a bit disappointed in the Thor too mainly because I was unsure how to make a humanoid frame at this size and get as much of the Thors unique details in it.

Speaking of which, I've decided to make a more Chub size friendly Thor. It's not exact, but I am pleased how it turned out

ImageB.T. Thor (Summoner) with Chub
Thor (Summoner): d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual LB 10-X Autocannons. d6Ra d6Ra LRM 15, d6G Rear Jump Jets.

I might just restart my BattleTech/MechWarrior Frame builds again. We'll see. Hope you enjoyed!
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

PreviousNext

Return to Frame Designs