[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Lockon

Lockon

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Lockon

Postby Artasid » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Oh My Framing God!!!
Its Blue Iron Hide! Lol :D
I really need to get me some of those vehicle front grill pieces. That alone blows this build put of the water
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:35 pm

Haha, thanks, Artasid!

That bullbar piece does have a lot of personality indeed. As I mentioned elsewhere, it almost feels like cheating!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:02 pm

I'm absolutely in love with that dusk skate! How's the fit, tight? Also I super approve of the chest bullbar. You can use a plate with clip to add some armor to the center as well.
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/

The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:30 pm

I'm not the first one to do that skate trick, I've seen it here before (Rook did it first? I'm not positive). The fit is a little wonky but it holds together nicely, once it's inside there it stays there and won't get out unless you force it out, which may or may not send the round 1x1 tile flying at your face! :D
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby CmdrRook » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:27 am

That heavy bull bar Lockon fills me with DETERMINATION! I do remember using that skate trick fairly early on, but I honestly don't remember who or what inspired me to jam that little guy into the hinge plate first. (I was originally trying to make convincing Tachicoma builds at the time, to no avail.) You're definitely using it right here, though. I will say your Rambo of a frame would draw a lot of panic fire from my direction in a game.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:55 pm

Haha! Thanks a lot, Rook!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Vitoria » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:02 pm

As I really liked most of the concepts I used in my latest Lockon, I decided to make a striped down, "mass production", version of it. With that in mind, the Pile Driver Lockon was born, named after the weapon system it carries.

Removed the bullbar in order to not rely completely on it to give it personality, going with a more traditional Chub like chest instead, but with a plate worth of extra chunk compared to the usual Lockon.

I'm fairly pleased with the new thruster backpack I came up with for this model, it looks very finished and doesn't eat more parts than I would like to.

Also added the good and old Zaku style shoulder shield, and a lack of dark bley parts forced me into a VOTOMS homage that I don't regret at all, when it comes to the other shoulder!

d6Rh d6Rh Pile Driver
d6G ( d6G ) Vernier Thrusters and Skating Wheels
d6B Anti-Tank Armor
d6B Shoulder Shield
d6W d6W
d8G

by , no Flickr

by , no Flickr
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:05 am

I want to first comment on the Heavy Harness Lockon on the previous page. That design is totally gangbusters. Great Job :)
This Pile Driver is no acceptation to the awesomeness. Just has a solid look. Love the head design it fits the build so well!
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:14 pm

Thanks, it's sure a classic head style, of course!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Trokodile174 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:35 pm

Thought of this a few days ago...
ImageImage
I did the best I could to adapt the classic Lockon's shape to the Beta Skull while simultaneously keeping both recognizable. Plus, the Beta Skull upper half modifies really easily to be compatible with some Lockon legs.
Check out for extra pics, building instructions, and more!

Maker of , the Battle Royale MF0 fan game
Trokodile174
Been Around The Block

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:10 am

That's pretty cool. There's something about it that give a "froggy" or amphibious sort of vibe. :)
- KFA frame
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:52 pm

Clever use of binoculars all around, Trok, might play with that later!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Previous

Return to Frame Designs