[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Basic Frame Design

Basic Frame Design

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Basic Frame Design

Postby Whitewolf » Wed May 16, 2012 3:38 pm

Here´s my first frame-design. allthough "first" is not really true. The design evolved from something completely different, not even built for MF0 back then ;)

I haven´t decided on a name yet, i´ll update this if i can think of something fitting.

Some notes on the design:
The forearms should be normal 1x1 bricks, not round 1x1 bricks, but LDD won´t allow the connection with these.
There´s also a minifig-hand missing, below the main torso. And one of those collars from the clone-troopers.

I´ll upload some photos of the actual model, once i manage to take some decent pictures.

and for all who want to have a closer look, here´s the LDD-file:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/White ... /frame.lxf

Cheers,
Whitewolf
There is no such thing as Overkill, only "Holy **** that's a big crater!"

Whitewolf
Young Gun

Re: Basic Frame Design

Postby MittenNinja » Wed May 16, 2012 3:52 pm

Nice! I like it. Especially the sloped part of the torso.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 16, 2012 3:57 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 16, 2012 3:57 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Xca|iber » Wed May 16, 2012 4:08 pm

I really like the aesthetic of the design. Simple and elegant, and it looks like there's a lot of different spots to attach systems which opens up a lot of customization options. Very sweet model.
Ask Not, Fear Not.
Xca|iber
Young Gun

Postby Whitewolf » Wed May 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Whitewolf
Young Gun

Postby MittenNinja » Wed May 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 16, 2012 4:16 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby warhammer651 » Wed May 16, 2012 4:37 pm

Not too chunky, not too skinny. i rather like it, especially in sexy, sexy black and grey
warhammer651
Young Gun

Postby Tetrajak » Wed May 16, 2012 6:07 pm

That is a very cool design. I love the shapes in it, and the overall proportions are really cool. I may have to make a few of these myself.
Tetrajak
Talkative

Postby pasukaru76 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:26 pm

pasukaru76
Talkative

Postby Dukayn » Wed May 16, 2012 8:12 pm

So sexy. And awesome about the pin-in-brick trick, that's awesome! I've been very frustrated by LDD's recalcitrance on that front. Would the same trick work for a Travis brick? Hmm... I'll be right back.

That head brings to mind the alien from... well, Alien.

EDIT: It totally does. Awesome. Pity there aren't more bricks with hollow studs.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby XGundam05 » Wed May 16, 2012 9:11 pm

Really nice...might just have to make a few! And thanks a ton for the LDD trick. It's been so very, very helpful.
- "I will not die here / I still have too much to do / And too much ammo" ~ Zer0
XGundam05
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Whitewolf » Sat May 19, 2012 4:08 pm

UPDATE:
I´ve finally decided on a naming-convention for my frames :)
I also got me a photo-light-tent to take pictures. But that doesn´t make my camera any better :(

So here it is, the MHI-CF-001b "Söldner":

Left:
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Assault Rifle + shoulder-mounted Gatling
d6B Shield
d6Y Comm Antenna
d8Rr shoulder-mounted Rocket
d6W d6W

Right:
d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Pistols + shoulder-mounted Autocannon
d6Y d6Y Comm Antenna + Targeting Laser
d8Rr shoulder-mounted Rocket
d6W d6W

Cheers,
Whitewolf

Whitewolf
Young Gun

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat May 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Those look delicious, WW! Get a company going! :)

WW-01 Wulfclaw, B Variant

Imagery:

Loadout: d6Rd d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6B d6G d6W d6W

Bricked Version:
Image Image Image Image

A friend of mine asked me to look for a lean 'frame for her all-girls company, and she was instantly enchanted by your work here, WW. I picked up where you left it in LDD, and bricked her up. I am running so low on bricks these days as several shipments of parts are overdue, I had to make some changes to the design to be able to build it. I tried to stay true to the original, made the centertorso a lot sturdier and went for more massive feet. But it's deffo a very lean, mean killing machine!

Technical Schematics:
LDD File: |
Image - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby Whitewolf » Sat May 19, 2012 4:19 pm

That´s some nice work Ced :D

I really like what you did there. But as last time on your Mailman frame, i got one suggestion :D
You could add a cheese-slope on the inside of the knee, like this:

knee.png
knee.png (118.13 KiB) Viewed 4675 times

That is, if you have any left ;D

PS: Yep, the Torso is not really a sturdy setup. But i liked the way the the 1x1 tile is slightly recessed, so i kept it that way.
Last edited by Whitewolf on Sat May 19, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whitewolf
Young Gun

Postby Ced23Ric » Sat May 19, 2012 4:28 pm

Nah, I am all out. :D

I guess I could throw a dark gray one in there, though.
Image - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby MittenNinja » Sat May 19, 2012 4:32 pm

MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Wadmaasi » Sun May 20, 2012 12:22 am

Wadmaasi
Been Around The Block

Postby neoaez » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:03 am

Awesome frame. I made a version of this and like Ced, found the head/torso area was a little flimsy. I used a couple of and it has been very sturdy.

by , on Flickr

Here is the
neoaez
Young Gun

Next

Return to Frame Designs