The LEGO Group book survey

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

The LEGO Group book survey

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:55 am

The LEGO Group just posted a survey about LEGO-themed books for Adult Fans of LEGO and, as an Adult Fan of LEGO who publishes books about them, I thought I’d want to share the link with everyone!

TLG has not really engaged the gamer market well (that’s us), in part because they haven’t done the thing that Vincent did with the earliest conception of Mechaton (the primordial form of MFØ): made it so strategic play and creative play were both integrated into the game. So there aren’t any game books listed in their options. Go list your favorite LEGO tabletop wargame(s)! Flood the Other section of the question with MFØ like Swarmers on a d6Bless sniper!

Ideally, this would be an opportunity for Vincent and me to work together with The LEGO Group to make some games with the very company that made our lifelong-favorite creative medium.

The survey is here! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LRZ32KP!
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: The LEGO Group book survey

Postby Mantisking » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 am

Blogged.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 am

Awesome opportunity for the community! Thanks for sharing, Joshua!
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Hackjob » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:33 pm

Done!
Just responding to bump the thread and encourage all you other MOF0's to do it as well!
The survey is only active until July 31st, let's give this game the recognition it deserves!
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:58 pm

Hackjob wrote:Done!
Just responding to bump the thread and encourage all you other MOF0's to do it as well!
The survey is only active until July 31st, let's give this game the recognition it deserves!

AMEN Hackjob! I just finished taking the survey myself and like Hackjob I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE other players to give MFZ some attention.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby VitorFaria » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:41 pm

Took the survey as well, of course.

Yet, I hate to sound cynical, but I'm pretty sure TLG knows quite well about us, and the fact that they don't cater to our demographic may be very purposeful. It's safer to keep betting most money on traditional themes for kids, and when they want to reach the adult demographic, huge and bloated nostalgia driven sets seem to be making enough profit for them.

We might be a small community, but our combined impact in the AFOL scene over the years is strong enough that it would be a miracle if they don't have at least a couple of eyes over us.

Don't lose hope, thou. And for sure fill that survey! If they want to keep ignoring us, the joke is on them, it's quite the fun party down here!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:56 am

Oh, I’m quite confident they know about us. At least Legal and certain neighborhoods of their creative teams do.

But my approach to selling LEGO games is quite different from theirs. And, after all, they asked!

I’ve got some LEGO games I want to mess around with. If I can do it while making good money making beautiful books and embiggening (it’s a word now! Look it up!) my name to allow me to both eat regularly and create stuff I’m proud of, it’s a win! Otherwise, I have to do it myself, and that takes forever.
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion