Master Chubdam Database

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Master Chubdam Database

Postby The Hydromancer » Sat May 18, 2019 9:56 pm

Alexial wrote:200 posts! This is the greatest thread ever.

I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Probably a pretty solid way to celebrate this milestone, but dropping Chubdam Scarecrow's final variant.

By no means to scale, and obviously I took a lot of liberties with the equipment/some colors, but I've completed my Chubdam take on the Narrative Gundam's A Pack to complete the set. For now I've omitted the large beam sabers and 2 of the 6 missile launchers. Wish I had some editing skills to create psycho field effects for the psycho capture system. Additionally I had to sub in the Chubdam Rheinhorn (Unicorn) for the capture shot since I don't have a Gundam Phenex inspired Chubdam... yet!

ImageThree Kings by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThree Finger Death Punch by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageUnicorn Hunt by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageLegs for Miles by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageC Pack on display by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageC Pack Grabby bois by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageAll the thrust by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
Master Solar Union/Federation Fleet Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Omniscient Frog » Sun May 19, 2019 10:46 am

That. Looks. Amazing.
Break through the bindings of reality
Omniscient Frog
Chatty

Postby VitorFaria » Mon May 20, 2019 5:57 pm

Looking great!

Are you going to make a version with the grabby things collapsed and hidden?
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed May 22, 2019 7:36 pm

Originally I was going to try to design the grabby bois to come out on the rail like in the movie, but its so over the top complicated that I figured I'd just do my own riff on the arms (such as adding elbows). I might go back some time and create a stored hand version that allows large plasma edges to be employed on the end of the arms.

---

Updated TB Chubdam, based on the Gundam Full Armor Thunderbolt version. Tried to keep the sub-arms as small as possible while still getting improved movement to position the side shields. The updated double beam rifle is a combination of the versions I bricked previously for the TB and the tradition Full Armor. I've been trying to not cheat as much with color choices, but I love the dark blue/red palate so much that I allowed myself to go wild with just those two this build.

ImageTB Chubdam Full Armor by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImagePropellant tanks and double thrusers by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageTB Chubdam by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Fri May 24, 2019 9:25 am

Based on the Gundam Phenex from Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative, Solnix has joined the fray! An exercise in not giving a damn about real brick colors, it was fun to not care when I usually try to get as close as possible.

ImageSolnix by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThat that Glitters is Solnix by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageSolnix Hunt by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageGolden NT-D by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stormchaser91 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:50 pm

had a wild hair last night, and built this after seeing all these chubdams…
https://www.deviantart.com/bioniclelove ... 1562618443

based on an HG custom i'm still slightly in the process of finishing.
https://www.deviantart.com/bioniclelove ... 1562618746

https://www.deviantart.com/bioniclelove ... 1562618929

(if the pics don't work, i'm using deviantart as the host/source because flickr's being derpy at the time of posting, and because i'm also still trying to figure out how the image embedding thing works here. sorry for any inconvenience.)
(edit: including links instead, b/c this apparently doesn't like dA links in image embedding...)
(Edit 2: Images added via Imgur, because screw Flickr. From here out it'll be straight embedding or whatever. Leaving the links, though, for posterity's sake)
Last edited by Stormchaser91 on Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:12 pm

Nice builds, Stormchaser, both in brick and gunpla form!

Have you seen my gunpla battle reports?
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Stormchaser91 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:57 am

VitorFaria wrote:Nice builds, Stormchaser, both in brick and gunpla form!

Have you seen my gunpla battle reports?

No, I have not. TBH, i'm mostly here for the builds, but if you wanna DM me a link to some of your reports, feel free to do so. I'll give 'em a once over when I can. That said, some tips (also via DM) on embedding images properly would be nice as well, if you wouldn't mind...?
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:48 am

Stormchaser91 wrote:That said, some tips (also via DM) on embedding images properly would be nice as well, if you wouldn't mind...?

Here.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Stormchaser91 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:31 pm

Yeah, Flickr is pretty much unusable at the moment, (login issues across the board, et al,) which is why I opted for deviantArt. But that's irrelevant...
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Stormchaser91 wrote:had a wild hair last night, and built this after seeing all these chubdams…
https://www.deviantart.com/bioniclelove ... 1562618443

based on an HG custom i'm still slightly in the process of finishing.
https://www.deviantart.com/bioniclelove ... 1562618746
https://www.deviantart.com/bioniclelove ... 1562618929

(if the pics don't work, i'm using deviantart as the host/source because flickr's being derpy at the time of posting, and because i'm also still trying to figure out how the image embedding thing works here. sorry for any inconvenience.)
(edit: including links instead, b/c this apparently doesn't like dA links in image embedding...)

Flickr works (most of the time) so its what I rely on. Frankly I should probably fire up the ol' Instagram again, but I have trust issues with it. I really dig that model, did you finish it yet?

---

Revamped Voltron. Didn't have to cheat on colors like with the Megazord, using bright light orange instead of yellow for the leg. I did... something like 20 variations on the sword, until I decided simple was best.

Pretty happy that its totally brickable, after my big move coming up this fall I'll have to look at bricklinking the parts I need.

ImageVoltron MKII by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageDynamic Duo by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby KungFujiApple » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Whoa! Totally awesome, every variant design is absolutely gangbusters! :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stormchaser91 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:57 pm

The Hydromancer wrote:Flickr works (most of the time) so its what I rely on. Frankly I should probably fire up the ol' Instagram again, but I have trust issues with it. I really dig that model, did you finish it yet?

I mean, I've thrown together a set of modified superchub legs for it, but I haven't revisited the model since that. I have had a couple ideas for how to replicate the pods from the "Build Fighters Funnel 01" kit so I can mount them on the hips, and maybe for a proper shield... Maybe I'll work on it tonight, instead of the PG Unicorn/Banshee kitbash I've been working on the last few nights.

Speaking of Instagram, how would I go about posting/embedding a pic from there to here, instead of using Flickr? The latter is effectively broken as far as signing in is concerned, and their help desk or whatever has not been helpful at all in resolving the issue.
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby Artasid » Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:10 pm

Stormchaser91 wrote:... The latter is effectively broken as far as signing in is concerned, and their help desk or whatever has not been helpful at all in resolving the issue.

I have had the same issue myself. However, I discovered that Flickr now has issues with certain internet browsers. I used to use Internet Explorer, but Flickr did not let me log in with it. I switched to using Microsoft Edge and it works fine for me now. Just throwing out my 2 cents :lol:
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Stormchaser91 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:35 am

Artasid wrote:However, I discovered that Flickr now has issues with certain internet browsers. I used to use Internet Explorer, but Flickr did not let me log in with it. I switched to using Microsoft Edge and it works fine for me now.

I've tried using Chrome, Edge, and Firefox, all to no avail. I keep getting the same error, telling me it wants me to sign in with "my yahoo ID" instead of my email. but flickr will only accept the email... mayhaps i'll just "host" pics in a scraps folder on dA or something. Unless someone has a better idea... (yeah, i know, this is off-topic... sorry, mods: I just wanna be able to post here more directly...)
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby Stormchaser91 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:56 pm

Right! So, apparently Imgur works, so Imma use that instead. Editing my above post to include them!
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby Stormchaser91 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:31 am

alrighty, folks, here's some more of that Dark Nova Chubdam, (with legs, this time,) including a couple systems!

First, the front and back views:
As you can see, I've put some of that "chubdam" touch on a pair of superchub legs, with a bit of my own flair thrown in. I did what I could to replicate the "destroy" mode to match the rest of the build. Hope it tickles you guys' fancy as much as it does mine! Don't mind the shield, it's only a temporary stand-in while I try to figure out a more satisfactory unicorn-style transforming one.

Here, on the back, we have a GN drive, reverse-engineered and modified from some of the images in the topmost post. The design was intended to replicate the unit used on the Transient Gundam, from Gundam Build... Fighters? Divers? Eh, you know which one. I'll be modding it again for a later project... Also, don't know how to spec a GN drive for in-game use. Would it
count as a movement system? Either for Trans-Am, or for flying? I mean, most Gundams and other Mobile Suits fly anyways, where Mobile Frames usually don't (like the OG "knightmare" frames of Code Geass,) so... Anywho, to the right, you can also see a couple other GN drives I put together, both of differing design from the one I used on the model, and from each other. One of them's in an "active" state, where it's extended out a bit for use in Trans-Am. They'll definitely be included when I eventually link to the build file (stud.io, btw). Sorry for the other model(s) in the background, they're mostly for scale (and occasionally parts) while I build: I tend to get messy in the process, with spate unused parts scattered around to possibly use later...

Next, here's a pic with a couple systems I've thrown together:
You can see I've come up with two designs for the "Armed Armor BS," as featured in Gundam UC. Good news is, both designs fold back along the arm, like the original! The overall build was based on an old railgun design I found either on here, or in that massive PDF full of community-made frames from a while back. Hard to tell how to spec it for range though, given it was used at an approximation of both Direct and Artillery range in the anime... In addition, there are two Funnel/Fang/Dragoon/whatever pods on the hips (the black masses you see on either side(should I recolor them, perhaps?)), the "lids" of which actually open! Again, not sure what to spec it for with regards to range, because these things are used at all three ranges in various Gundam series. I'm considering putting together a shot to simulate stuff flying out of them at some point, but that's for later. The build of the pods was heavily based on the "Gunpla Builders Partd HD MS Funnel 01" kit, specifically the swoopy-er of the two styles one can build with said kit.

And yes, I will be throwing together some specs for the Dark Nova once I've fully decided what arms and armaments I want it carrying. Might take a while, though, since I'm so easily distracted by building other things...
Last edited by Stormchaser91 on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Postby KungFujiApple » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:56 am

Nice design. Looking forward to seeing his bricked up :)
- I am also on Flickr
KungFujiApple
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stormchaser91 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:44 am

KungFujiApple wrote:Nice design. Looking forward to seeing his bricked up :)

that's likely to take a while, assuming I feel up to ordering the parts specifically for any of this...

On another note, I've got more stuff to show!

So, it's both the Destroy mode of the Unicorn Shield, and of the Shield Funnel. Unfortunately, the latter looks a bit more like something applicable to Intercept Orbit than a viable shield. 's kinda big for a frame...

Next up, the Armed Armor DE...?
Stormchaser91
Newcomer

Previous

Return to Frame Designs