Master Chubdam Database

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Re: Master Chubdam Database

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:40 pm

The Blue Falcon is a Flight Support Unit (FSU) that is compatible with most Chub(dam)s depending on the frame's configuration, and is also a viable weapons platform in its own right. Designed to operate as a dedicated air-to-ground asset, the Falcon is equipped with cannons heavy enough to pierce any enemy frames on the battleground. While the anti-frame loadout prevents the Falcon from dealing with air threats effectively (the cannons being ideal for slower less maneuverable targets such as frames, tanks, and other such hardened vehicles) its more than capable of avoiding enemy fire despite the weight of the cannons. In emergency situations, the Blue Falcon can dump the cannons and use its docking arms as impromptu melee weapons to grapple and batter opponents.

ImageBlue Falcon Support Unit by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Dual anti-frame recoiless cannons: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd
Jet engines: d6G
High maneuverability wings: d6B

The Blue Falcon is particularly capable as a FSU when attached to the True Strike Chubdam custom, as the frame's jump pack is designed to lower and incorporate the Blue Falcon in such a way that allows the jump pack to add its jets to the Falcon's thrust. Technically any frame with the standard Strike style jump pack can better accommodate this FSU, however the True Strike custom includes minor armor reduction (lighter load), improved shock absorbers in the knees (for landing with the additional weight), and waist mounted plasma edges (normally the Strike Chubdam's plasma edges are stored on the Agile Flight pack which lacks the independent operation capabilities of a true FSU) to better complement the Blue Falcon.

ImageTrue Strike Chubdam with Blue Falcon Support Unit by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageWings of the Fighter by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
Wears down the cliff tops, the mountains.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/the_hydromancer/
Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:43 am

Your ability to constantly improve the Chubdam is impressive to watch!
SuspendedAnimation
Chatty

Postby The Hydromancer » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:30 pm

SuspendedAnimation wrote:Your ability to constantly improve the Chubdam is impressive to watch!

Its a sssslow process, but thank you!

Speaking of improving...

Chubdam Styx's Dark Angel upgrade, based on the Gundam Deathscythe Hell. Extra plasma edge and rocket assist on the totally redone plasma edge scythe, Dark Tidings adjustable defensive armor system, and various tweaks to armor and parts usage.

For some silly reason Stud.io doesn't have the proper sword piece for the Styx's beam scythe, so this is a stand in for now.

ImageChubdam Styx Dark Angel Upgrade by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageThe God of Death... is back from hell! by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Double Plasma Edge Scythe
d6B Dark Tidings armor
d6B EW Jammer Pods
d8G Need for Speed
d6W Style
d6W Grace
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:08 am

That shroud system is even more elegant than the Duelist, no small feat, you just keep getting better and better!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:23 pm

VitorFaria wrote:That shroud system is even more elegant than the Duelist, no small feat, you just keep getting better and better!

Speaking of the Duelist, here's his full armor. Funny enough the Dark Angel upgrade borrows from the Duelist revamp from a few weeks ago, and comes back full circle now. In fact it works slightly better for the Duelist as its simple rotation to adjust the armor, whereas the Styx requires a rotation and a small adjustment between positions to pull it off.

Now if I could just fit the sniper rifle inside the armor....

ImageChubdam Duelist Full Armor by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

Additionally I was having some fun with render. I was going for a TRANS-AM effect, but I rather think it came off as gummy frames ^_^''

ImageChubdam Braver 3 times the passion by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Alexial » Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Love this thread. So many great builds, yet all cohesive, and they just keep getting better!
Lurker.
Alexial
Young Gun

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:30 pm

Been a while since I've done some fluff... keep meaning to reorganize the history of the Chubdam's development and its interwoven story with the civil war of Colonia II. Ah well, one day!

--

Chubdam Mass Production type GZ Ricasth. A cost effective compromise between a Chubdam and its Chub origins, the Ricasth seeks to adapt the functional updates of the Chubdam design while forgoing its more expensive features. The Ricasth seen here is purpose equipped for defending the space docks and support infrastructure of Dramstellar's GZ Shipyards around Colonia I, although a detachment has been observed deployed for overwatch duty of the megacorp's orbital interests above the semi-autonomous joint venture of Colonia II.

This Ricasth is notably outfitted with an oversized, rotatable jump pack that not only vastly increases the frame's ability to rapidly navigate through and around sprawling space docks due to its 8 maneuver jets, but also has a considerable fuel supply as well. The Ricasth operating time is arguably longer than that of its pilot, and in fact during times of prolonged alert status pilots are known to run alarms tied to the frame's threat system while they grab some beauty rest.

ImageChubdam Mass Production type GZ Ricasth by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

d6Rd d6Rd d6Rh d6Rh d6B d6G d6W d6W
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:58 pm

Just stop, Ryan. you're building perfect homages faster than I can compliment them properly!

I can't stress how much I love this one enough. The fact that most of the build isn't all that more complicated or expensive than a base Chub is the icing on the cake!

With a few changes, like omitting the padlocks and 1x1 minifig backpack/bracket, I could field a full company of those. And I'm seriously considering it!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:27 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Just stop, Ryan. you're building perfect homages faster than I can compliment them properly!

I can't stress how much I love this one enough. The fact that most of the build isn't all that more complicated or expensive than a base Chub is the icing on the cake!

With a few changes, like omitting the padlocks and 1x1 minifig backpack/bracket, I could field a full company of those. And I'm seriously considering it!

Do it! And then share!

---

Inspired by the new Lego D. Va preview and Vitor Faria encouraging me to simplify the armaments of the Chubdams, I did a thing.

ImageSimplified Gatling Gun & Shield by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby VitorFaria » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Just stop, Ryan. you're building perfect homages faster than I can compliment them properly!

I feel forced to repeat myself.
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby The Hydromancer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:00 pm

Chubdam Arkengoth, based on the Silver Bullet mobile suit from Gundam: Unicorn. Instead of proper INCOM style bodies, I went with a Bit style body instead because I've been meaning forever to use the ice cream cones as Bits.

ImageChubdam Arkengoth by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageRapid Deployment, Rapid Attack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageArkengoth all range attack by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby The Hydromancer » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:54 pm

Chubdam Chevalion, Try 3. Been revamping the Sinstrals off and on since I started revisiting the Gundam Wing inspired frames. Its funny how one lil adjustment can cause a cascade of going back to many previous frames to make the same update, which in turn encourages further tweaking with each individual. Anyway, the Chevalion is only my, I believe, second transforming frame besides the Roc, and it took 3 tries to get the transformation mechanic down!

ImageChubdam Chevalion revamp...3? by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageIn Amber Clad by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageChubdam Chevalion, revamped flight mode by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageWings? Where we are going, we dont need... wings. by The Hydromancer, on Flickr

ImageVic Viper eat your heart out by The Hydromancer, on Flickr
Water is patient.
Water just waits.
The whole of the world.
Water always wins.

Master Chubdam Database
The Hydromancer
Grizzled Veteran

Postby SuspendedAnimation » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:23 pm

A masterful design. You are a perfectionist! (In a good way :D )
SuspendedAnimation
Chatty

Previous

Return to Frame Designs