Boxhead 3.0

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

Boxhead 3.0

Postby Mrtyler603 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm back again with my favorite piece, the mailbox. This is perhaps the most original out of all my builds. Unlike my other builds where I would set off with the express goal of making my version of a existing frame design on these forums, this little beauty is a result of me just messing around with my pieces. The only restriction that I gave myself was that it must incorporate the mailbox piece as a cockpit. Originally i was trying to make a quad walker with a mailbox cockpit, however that did not work out, so I ended up making a chicken walker. I am quite proud of what I came up with.

Front view ImageFront view good by Tyler Wang, on Flickr

Rear view ImageRear view good by Tyler Wang, on Flickr

Side view ImageSide view good by Tyler Wang, on Flickr

Sorry for the bad camera quality, for some reason the rear and side view just refuses to focus. The mech has no systems so far, but it does have lots of hardpoints to mount them on.
Mrtyler603
Young Gun

Re: Boxhead 3.0

Postby SamSam » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Looks like a darter with a mailbox for hed. Nice use of brown robot arms
SamSam
Talkative

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Interesting way of hiding the Ts on the back while retaining articulation!
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Mrtyler603 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:27 pm

VitorFaria wrote:Interesting way of hiding the Ts on the back while retaining articulation!

SamSam wrote:Looks like a darter with a mailbox for hed. Nice use of brown robot arms

Thank you both for the kind words. I would like to say that it was all intentional but in reality it was just a result of me using what I had on hand at the time.
Mrtyler603
Young Gun

Return to Frame Designs