Good "Starter" Fleets for IO?

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Good "Starter" Fleets for IO?

Postby HyveMynd » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 am

Howdy all,

It's been quite a while since I visited the Hangar. I've not lost interest or anything, I just don't have the time or space to build / play anymore. (Lousy kids, right?) Anyhoo, I have the house to myself for the next week, and am determined to build some IO fleets and play a game (my first) with my friend during that time. Thanks to the awesome FaoS Fleet Yards post by TheFaoS, I have some ship instructions.

Now what I need are suggestions for ship / fleet system configurations for a 2-player first game. Is there a "soldier" for IO ships? (I suppose a frigate with weapon / defense / communications system sort of fills that roll, as it'll have a green die as well.) Alternatively, are people willing to share some fleet ship / system configurations that I can use for this first game?

Thanks very much, Hangar.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Re: Good "Starter" Fleets for IO?

Postby VitorFaria » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:10 pm

I'm afraid that there isn't really a soldier equivalent in IO, ships without point-defense are sitting ducks against boarders, that coupled with the addition of catapults and frame companies makes a truly all around effective, versatile and adaptable loadout harder to conceive.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby HyveMynd » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:09 am

Hmm... OK then. So it's harder to make an all around, decent at everything TA in Intercept Orbit than it is in Rapid Attack.

Does anyone have a fleet configuration they'd like to share then? Just so I can get an idea of what one would look like. Thanks.
@HyveMynd on Twitter

Philly Expat in Japan | audio editor by day RPG creator by night | Monsterhearts fan | LEGO builder | Netrunner player | she/her
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby aurlaent » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:09 am

I've used frigates with 1 point defense, 1 defense and 1 catapult.
2 or 3 of them and their frame companies depending on battle size and usually the green ace.
aurlaent
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion