[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - QuadMon

QuadMon

Show off and discuss your Mobile Frame designs

QuadMon

Postby Artasid » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:45 am

These are still a work in progress, but I liked them enough in their current state to share.

Now presenting...

THE QUADMON!!!

BASIC: d6G Quad Legs, d8G No ranged weaponry

This one, (which is my favorite at the moment, love the color mix) is just the basic design with no systems, other than the standard quad legs. I was half tempted to make a company of this specific design, but it lacked an imposing silhouette, so I decided to mess around and came out with other variants.

RED: d6B d6B Defensive Bow armor, d6G Quad Legs, d8G No ranged weaponry

LTGREEN: d6Y d6Y Dual Antenna Relays, d6G Quad Legs, d6G Suction Pads, d8G No ranged weaponry

YELLOW: d6Y d6Y Dual Sonar Arrays, d6G Quad Legs, d8G No ranged weaponry

ORANGE: d6Ra d6Ra Artillery Mortar, d6Y Radar Dish, d6B Frontal Armor Plate, d6G Quad Legs.

Again, these are still a work in progress, but I hope you enjoyed them.
As usual, I eagerly await any thoughts, comments, questions and/or suggestions you wish to share.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Re: QuadMon

Postby Vitoria » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:55 pm

I really like the suction cup feet, nice idea for a movement system!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:12 am

Nice job!
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:30 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:27 pm

I actually really like the direct fire system on the jade 2, subdued guns can work great and let the visuals of the frame speak for themselves.

If I am to nitpick, those SSRs are a little too garish for me. I know they're supposed to be easy to see, but purple on grey, on top of a green and black frame, is just too much. Maybe the use of black taps instead of the grey ones would alleviate this?
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:11 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:24 pm

I see you also changed the neon orange stud for another non-neon one, really nice, the color scheme is rock solid now!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:41 am

So I was sitting at my desk one day with my Jade Company staring at me.
"What?"
I asked them, expecting some kind of answer to their silent vigil, but alas, I received no reply.

They mock me with their silentness. Standing on my desk on their quad feet thinking they are better then me because I only have two...

Then I got an idea: Alternate legs for the QuadMon's! Although the originals are still very good in my opinion, I thought it might be fun to kinda mix things up a bit, so I managed to construct a few alternates.

ALT 1

ALT 1: d6Rh d6Rh d8Rh Dual Knee Mounted Impalers, d6G Quad Legs, d6G Suction Feet, d8G No ranged weaponry

This one is a bit taller than the others, but it cuts down the usage of the T pieces and the travis brick. I thought it might also be unique if it was able to carry a type of weapon systems on it's legs. It looks weird, but not all together bad. I'll let you judge for yourselves.

ALT 2

ALT 2: d6Ra d6Ra Artillery Howitzer, d6G Quad Legs

I really like this one because it's compact size just makes it look OH SO DAMN CUTE!!! Sure it again, uses T pieces and Travis bricks, but the little claws gives it a more scurrying ant like appearance that I just can't fully disregard.

ALT 3

ALT 3: d6Rd d6Rd d8Rd Dual Direct Cannons, d6Y High-Intensity Floodlamp, d6G Quad Legs

This one is a bit of a toss up. Again, no T pieces or Travis, but the half technic plug used to hold the upper torso to the legs, makes the legs, (or upper torso, depending on what your holding) spin and is not very stable, on the other hand, it does provide an appealing profile. Again, a tough call.

Hope you enjoyed and I am still eager to hear any thoughts you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:00 pm

I wonder how would it look like if you removed the lower part of the legs of the first variation all together and made it walk over the core of the impalers. Like they were big feet with a spike on the front.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:41 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby gusindor » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:42 am

Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:58 am

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:01 am

What I really meant was pretty much the goofy first variation, but with the cheese wedges where the 1x2 slopes are. :D

Yeah, might have not worked as I imagined it would. Might play with the idea with my spiders and see if I get it to work.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby kingodacheez » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:22 am

Really like the stance and colors of Alt 3.
The mounting points for the cannons appear as though different weapons or systems could be easily changed out.
kingodacheez
Young Gun

Postby Artasid » Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:02 pm

Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Artasid » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 pm

God it's been ages since I've added to this post, well fear not. Recently I was going over some of my older builds and I recently created a QuadMon prototype: IT HAS ARMS!!

I have decided no to give this one any systems as its more of test to see where I can go with the design. I'm liking where it's going though.

I hope you enjoyed and as always, I eagerly await any and all comments you wish to share.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby Vitoria » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:30 am

Always loved the Quadmon, nice to see a comeback to it!
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Artasid » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:11 pm

Have you heard the phrase: Less is More? I was wondering that myself and then I thought, what can you make less in a Quadmon?
Answer: Give is less legs! lol
So to experiment, I gave this Quadmon only 3 legs instead of its standard four. So I guess it's a Trimon? :lol: I did, however decide to give it arms, so I guess reclaiming one leg to give it two arms is a bit of a moot point. lol

Guardian: d6Rh d6Rh TriGrinder BattleStaff, d6B Plasma Tower Shield, d6Y Antenna, d6G Foot Thrusters, d8G No Ranged Weaponry

I like it, although I plan on experimenting some more with the whole tripod design.
I hope you enjoyed and any comments, questions, or feedbacks you wish to share is welcomed.
Artasid
Old Guard

Return to Frame Designs