[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Book frames: Loadout interpretations

Book frames: Loadout interpretations

Discussion of the background, history & universe
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Book frames: Loadout interpretations

Postby Vitoria » Fri May 27, 2016 10:09 am

Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Re: Book frames: Loadout interpretations

Postby Soren » Fri May 27, 2016 9:23 pm

I can't comment on the Osprey, but the Suzerain wasn't intended for the book at all; it's a design I worked up for myself that Joshua included in the book without asking, so whatever stats it got were, I suspect, very last-minute. (Also true of ; It's not MF0-related at all, J just decided it was.) Most of the stats are like that to some degree; I wasn't consulted about that stuff much. I've had variable luck trying hand-to-hand stuff on the quad Ijad frames; leg-knives are the best option.

My interpretation has always been that whatever comes with the base build is, at best, one system that's mainly there as a suggestion, like the Chub's rifle (the white cylinder on the backpack is a spare ammo drum, IIRC). Which doesn't stop you from deciding that various odds and ends are systems when you need them to be. I've just always built-up my Chubs or Scramblers or whatever under the assumption that the core frame is more or less d6W d6W only.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Vitoria » Fri May 27, 2016 10:25 pm

Very interesting! I've always wanted to know the your say about that!

And is the fabled High-Leg with arms? :D
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Sat May 28, 2016 12:30 am

Last edited by spacemonkey on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Soren » Sat May 28, 2016 6:03 pm

I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun May 29, 2016 8:14 am

"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

- A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

- MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby spacemonkey » Sun May 29, 2016 8:58 am

I've always been inclined to believe it was meant as a spare ammo drum after I realized those two round bricks were the only two white pieces in the Chub's build instructions. Also the correlation looks pretty clear in the image below:

by , on Flickr
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby CmdrRook » Mon May 30, 2016 11:58 am

I've seen the cylinders called spare muscle cylinder fluid for an extra green. Interpretations abounds!
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby gusindor » Mon May 30, 2016 10:00 pm

If it's a battery or muscle fluid, you could also use it for one of the white dice.
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor

Return to Mobile Frame Background