Intercept Orbit v10.0 discussion

Any question on the rules for MFZ: Intercept Orbit should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Intercept Orbit v10.0 discussion

Postby Hackjob » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:28 pm

Hey everyone, as you may or may not know, Intercept Orbit v10.0 has been released for final proofing before going to print. Heres the link: https://emails.kickstarter.com/mpss/c/1AA/6TYCAA/t.1od/nO_pJ_JRTWOukwpyt_KPxw/h2/VwCw0OL8EEA-2Fmv2BXq6YQEFRdAm6AjF1uKisQpVP1XbfpSMHKyfA9s4Tz0Fs2gYxu7eXJRQZVbHIVCOuwJ7C9N9utJjpbQjaSNESQOidhTo-3D. Let's give him some feedback folks!
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Intercept Orbit v10.0 discussion

Postby Hackjob » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:47 pm

I'll start-

p.26 under "Mobile Frame Companies" the 1st sentance says "mobiles" intead of mobile

p.28 final sentance regarding aces appears to be in a different font

p.30 under "Ask all the Players" it says "On any ties, all tied players tweak their ppa." -How is this done?

p.30 under "Setting up the Scoreboard and Tactical Order" the 3rd paragraph says "If there is a tie for first place, then all tied players roll off. Whoever wins the roll-off can choose to remove a TA or continue forward with the tie." -If the winner choses to continue with the tie, are they the defender? If there are other tied players do they roll off to determine starting tactical order?

p.31 under "Placing Assets Into the Battlespace" the 8th paragraph says "Defender, place the rest of your ships within assault range of the HVAs and the first ship you placed." -Do they have to be within assault range of all the HVAs and the first ship? Or just 1 HVA and the first ship? Or just assault range of any of your HVAs or the first ship?
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Back Cover -- no mention of Black dice needed to play.

p.30 - "If the target in cover has been spotted (page 37), the attacker may ignore the cover, in which case it neither absorbs dice nor gets destroyed if it is debris." So Spotting is now more powerful than ever?

P.30 - When did the change to a base move of 4 happen?

p.37 - No case for Frame Companies going off the edge of the table?
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:39 pm

It says you can target space debris, but there is no mention of how to resolve damage caused by intentional fire (i.e. not being used as cover).
-Hackjob

Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Rphilo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:49 pm

Reading through. Will edit this post with items as I see them.

P.27: Under Defender placing their HVAs: "Place your remaining HVAs assault range (the full length of the ruler) or closer of the first HVA." Reads better as "Place your remaining HVAs at assault range..."

P.36: Under Move: "While a company has a green die, it may move in a straight line in any direction, even through obstacles without prompting collision." Reads better as "...without prompting a collision."

P.37: It feels a little strange to me to discuss Abandoning Assets before any information on Capturing HVAs or TAs happens on page 38. I think it would make more sense to talk about capturing assets before abandoning them.

P40: "Any asset can capture or rescue a drifting company by passing within point defense range of it." Does this mean I can capture/rescue drifting companies with HVAs or only with TAs?
Rphilo
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:13 am

Rphilo wrote:P.27: Under Defender placing their HVAs: "Place your remaining HVAs assault range (the full length of the ruler) or closer of the first HVA." Reads better as "Place your remaining HVAs at assault range..."

Also it should be "or closer to the first HVA."
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby CmdrRook » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:42 pm

Rphilo wrote:Reading through. Will edit this post with items as I see them.

P40: "Any asset can capture or rescue a drifting company by passing within point defense range of it." Does this mean I can capture/rescue drifting companies with HVAs or only with TAs?

Because companies deploy to, capture, and hang onto all assets the same way, it is reasonable to read this rule as written. Any player, using any asset, may capture a company adrift with bingo fuel without their consent.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby HyveMynd » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Aww man. It looks like the original link doesn't work. It says "(link removed due to obsolescence)". :(
@HyveMynd on Twitter

I stand with Twankus!
HyveMynd
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:36 am

HyveMynd wrote:Aww man. It looks like the original link doesn't work. It says "(link removed due to obsolescence)". :(

Ahem.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Viper Tesla » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:36 am

Super looking forward to being able to being able to grab a hardcopy! One question I have was with regards to the fluff... I thought Josh had said there would be more setting info in IO, but I've been out of the loop for awhile so I didn't know if that was me imaging things, an editing/space/cost decision, or maybe saving it for the RPG... (or... all three?)
Viper Tesla
Chatty

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:31 pm

You were not imagining things, but the other two parts are exactly right. This was originally supposed to be an 8-page pamphlet. I had to cut myself off.
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Viper Tesla » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:You were not imagining things, but the other two parts are exactly right. This was originally supposed to be an 8-page pamphlet. I had to cut myself off.

Very understandable! I know you've got a few things to work on before the RPG comes to fruition, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Viper Tesla
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:45 pm

Mantisking
Mod Team

Return to Intercept Orbit