[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - [Brag] Steal of a Deal

[Brag] Steal of a Deal

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:36 am

I picked up the following Kre-O sets, (560 pieces) for $19.99 and (326 pieces) for $18.00 the other night at Toys'R'Us.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:13 am

I picked up , , , and for $5.48 each on Clearance at my local Target over the weekend.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby FragsturBait » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:26 pm

FragsturBait
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:32 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:35 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:55 pm

I got out of work early today and bopped over to the Walmart nearest my house. I continued my streak of finding Clearance sets while I was there, purchasing for $9.00 USD.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Luke_BMM » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:36 pm

In addition to some decent little bits from the PAB wall, I got a bunch of series 1 mixels for just under $4 each. There's a bin full of 'em at the Lego Store in the South Shore Plaza in Braintree, MA.
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby darksyntax » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:04 am

darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:19 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:35 pm

Used, bulk bricks are almost always a great deal.
- Ordering used on Bricklink is a gamble, but usually not too risky.
- Thrifting bags allows you to see most of the bricks, but the mix of pieces can be random.
- Picking your own bricks in person guarantees good pieces.

Case in point is this $9US bag of used bricks off the loose, bulk table at in Denton, TX USA.

Not sure the actual brick count but it's gotta be close to 900. I was focused on pieces forMFZ so picked lots of small pcs: snot, clips, taps/T's. Lots of good stuff in this mix including some red/green/blue sand and some ODG & OLG and all for around $0.01/pc.

They also offer a large bag for $16. Nice people, great little store. They have quite an inventory and run a Bricklink store too (no experience with with their Bricklink store). I also picked two bags of Duplo from a bulk box (large bag for $12): approx 75pcs for $24 (mostly slopes and curves). If you live or find yourself between Oklahoma City and Dallas, I highly recommend a stop.

A local Dallas area AFOL published which includes MInifigs, Bricks & More's small bag.

Look around your area, or the areas you may travel too, for independent stores that have bulk pick-a-brick tables/boxes. Some vendors at Lego cons/expos offer bulk pick-a-brick too.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:32 pm

I picked up a today for $20.00 at T.J. Maxx.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby NimbusAConflict » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 am

With the deal over at Lego store currently, I used my $5 dicount to buy the Mini AT-AT model for $5.38. this was all I needed to earn a free mini AT-DP, meanking I got two Star wars kits that could easily each be a frame for around $2.70.

by , on Flickr

I should grab a few more this month.

When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:27 am

I picked up nine of the Mega Bloks Idea Builders polybags marked down to $0.90 each at my local Target tonight.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:34 am

darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:05 pm

I picked up for $15 and for $9 the other day at Walmart.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:35 pm

I heard a rumor that Walmart had . It was marked down, but sadly only to $69.97.

However, what I did find, tucked in the back of a clearance rack, was a banged up for $41. It's a good discount (it just drops it down to a hair under $0.07 per piece). But, the real steal-of-a-deal part is that it's a set from 2013 that hasn't been available on Lego.com since April '14.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:55 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:53 am

I swung by Target tonight on the way home, mainly because it was near a few stops I had to make and I felt like it. I wandered into the Lego aisle and saw sitting on the shelf . I immediately took it over to the scanner to check the price. "Item Not Found." I asked the employee in the department if he could get me a price. He sent me to the Customer Service desk. After a few minutes of checking, the employee at the Service Desk called the Manager, whom told him to call the Toys associate. Long story short, I got it for $20. :twisted:

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 27, 2015 10:26 am

I picked up for $7.00, for $7.00, and for $9.00 at the Walmart in Northborough, MA last Wednesday.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 am

I stopped by the TRU in Northborough, MA last night and grabbed a few Series 3 Mixels that were marked down. I also found a set which rang up $0.03!!!

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic