[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Age Confessions thread

Age Confessions thread

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

Re: Age Confessions thread

Postby Ogreboy88 » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:33 pm

G.I. Joe and Transformers.

I had bricks from my older half brother, but this was my pride and joy:

Cheers,
Ogreboy88
(Don't worry, I'm actually just some kind of woke hippy armchair-communist intellectual type with really bad taste in numbers.)
Ogreboy88
Chatty

Postby mraichelson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:55 pm

37 here. *sigh*

*shakes cane at kids on lawn*
I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at .
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby darksyntax » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:59 pm

41. Meh, whatever.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Foghammer » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:48 pm

Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby gatlinggouf927 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:15 pm

I came from the bottom, now I made it to the top. Newtype flow I'm the hottest on the block. Somebody tell these haters that I'm never gonna stop. Till I kill em all like a colony drop. I'm yellin out Sieg Zeon, Sieg Zeon

gatlinggouf927
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:48 am

An update since the last time I posted in this thread. I'm 43.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby relasine » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:32 pm

I'm 31. I have a 9 month-old son now, which fortunately makes my LEGO purchases look more like future toy investments for when the wee lad is old enough to play with LEGO without it being a choking hazard, making this whole affair sightly easier for my wife to swallow, bless her heart.

MF0 has stemmed from my wife purchasing the LEGO A-Wing for my birthday last April, the first kit that I owned since before I took notice of the fairer sex. The collection has since grown to a smattering of LEGO Star Wars kits, my favorites being the Old Republic sets (Sith Fury, Jedi Defender).
Yes, I'm a geek, but I'm very high-functioning.
relasine
Newcomer

Postby Asphalt » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 pm

at the tail end of 34 here.
Asphalt
Talkative

Postby Xero010 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:28 pm

We need more teenagers. I'll see what I can do...
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today. - Mark Twain
Xero010
Grizzled Veteran

Postby jugglervr » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 pm

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby Dukayn » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby battlepope357 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:10 pm

28 here. Have a 10-gallon rubbermaid in the attic full of my old lego, plus some more recent Exo-Force stuff and my Star Wars sets which remain assembled. Also bought the giant robot Creator set on eBay a few years ago during one of my star wars set binges. He was fun to assemble, and had a ton of parts in 3 or 4 colors so made great parts fodder when I started pulling things apart a week ago. :p

Really hoping to get a 3-5 person play group going, I have a few guys at my work that are into the idea but the town I live in is a real deadzone for tabletop gaming. Don't even have a shop. :(
battlepope357
Chatty

Postby CADmonkey » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:00 pm

As my profile says, 40. I had some of those proto-figs when I was a kid, hand-me-downs from older cousins. My first set was , I loved Classic Space. My childhood lego collection was handed down to a younger cousin when I was in my teens, it had been years since I'd played with any of it. All of the lego I have now has been bought in the past five years.
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection: MF0: Rapid Attack
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: | | |
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby jugglervr » Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:07 pm

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby CADmonkey » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:52 am

CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection: MF0: Rapid Attack
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: | | |
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby DRevD » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:18 am

31. Started with legos before I can even remember. I had a huge collection which was either thrown away or given away. ...and then there was a long dark age until recently.
...down by the river.

DRevD
Been Around The Block

Postby SageThe13th » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:22 pm

27. The first LEGO set I remember getting was from the Spyrius theme.
SageThe13th
Been Around The Block

Postby Grass4hopper » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:37 pm

My dad brought home a giant cube made of mainly 2 x 4 red bricks when I was about 6 or 7. The oldest specific set I can remember buying was , I remember it being the "coolest thing ever" at the time.
Grass4hopper
Been Around The Block

Postby studless » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:04 am

The oldest set i remember getting was an old creator city book, with 3 or 4 models for all the major 5 year old dreams (cars, construction, boats, planes) I still have the book....

somewhere......

Anyway, 6 siblings, 3 of each and i grew up building with my dad and cannot remember a single christmas when i didn't get a lego set from my parents (xcept 08' :cry: )
I have a old tonka toolbox i keep my MFZ legos in, under lock and key and hidden in the dark reaches of my closet :twisted:
I am oldest though, so they never really touch it... I hope.

Didn't have a micro/mech/space/halo/alien/starcraft/star wars/WWII/LDD/brickarms/exo-force/mars mission description. :'(
studless
Chatty

Postby Vitoria » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:44 pm

"Just remember, it gets better. When all else fails, make more art. In fact, better make more art anyway, just to be on the safe side."
Joshua A.C. Newman

I think this a quote worth keeping. I'm sure someone said this before but Joshua put this in a great way.

Well, if I'm bringing this thread back... I'm 23, almost finishing college.

2017 Edit: Woah, time flies, 26 now, managed to finish college and get a job that pays some bills, fortunately. Joshua's quote still rock.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic