[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - [Brag] Steal of a Deal

[Brag] Steal of a Deal

Discuss things not related to MFZ - Keep it civil

[Brag] Steal of a Deal

Postby Mantisking » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:00 am

This is a thread for bragging about those Lego/Clone Bricks sets you've purchased at outrageously low prices.

I was looking through the Clearance aisles last night at one of my local Walmarts and stumbled across a couple of sets that were too good to pass up. I found for $19.00 and for $9.00.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: [Brag] Steal of a Deal

Postby Mantisking » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:54 am

I also picked up the set for $20.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby gatlinggouf927 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:28 am

I came from the bottom, now I made it to the top. Newtype flow I'm the hottest on the block. Somebody tell these haters that I'm never gonna stop. Till I kill em all like a colony drop. I'm yellin out Sieg Zeon, Sieg Zeon

gatlinggouf927
Grizzled Veteran

Postby NimbusAConflict » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:37 pm

I got the Lego Wild Sheep and Race 3000 games at a local goodwill for $4. I saw that, and it was done.

When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby A YATES INDUSTRIALS » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:49 pm

I expect to see some purple frames :)
o)-<|:
A YATES INDUSTRIALS
Grizzled Veteran

Postby MittenNinja » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby darksyntax » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Spent an hour digging through the bulk bins at BrickCon to fill a $15 bag with all the MFZ-type bits I could find. I'm guessing it's ~1000 pieces. 107 headlights, maybe 200 various clips & lampholders, ~40 cheese wedges, a dozen curved slopes. And TONS of old light/dark grey.

darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby jugglervr » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:45 pm

jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby darksyntax » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:59 pm

Not the best I've ever thrifted, but not bad. From Savers in West Warwick, RI:
$3 - a nearly new (complete in box with instructions and all the extra factory bits); this one's crying out for a Single Set Challenge
$6 - a partial : ~1/2 of the parts, sadly no die, but all 96 cards (not that I have a use for them) and a dozen other odd parts not from Creationary

This plus the 3x 's on clearance at Walmart for $3ea have made a tiring business trip a little more bearable. :)
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:14 am

I picked up a bunch of sets at TRU the other day. I had a 15% off Clearance coupon and a 20% off transaction coupon. They were running 20% off on selected Lego lines and a BOGO50% on Kre-O. I bought (40 pcs.), (24 pcs.), (90 pcs.), (222 pcs.), (355 pcs.), and (42 pcs.) for $57.25. That comes out to $0.07 per piece.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:53 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby darksyntax » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:25 pm

I see a good ammount of Bionicle while thrifting, but usually priced a bit high. Nice score.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby aaron.also » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:38 pm

I just got a 40lbs lot of Megabloks from Ebay for $75 delivered. Several stylized baseplates, BURPS and panels along with the whole 40lbs thing I kinda couldn't turn it down.
aaron.also
Young Gun

Postby darksyntax » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:05 am

12lbs for $100 thanks to a . There was just under a pound of misc junk and some crappy Tyco and MegaBloks bricks that got purged, but overall quite a nice haul. I'm guessing ~4000pcs in the upper left tub.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:52 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby aaron.also » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:19 pm

aaron.also
Young Gun

Postby darksyntax » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:35 pm

darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby NimbusAConflict » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:42 pm

Manager put all lego on clearance. Picked up , , , and 2x for $6 each.

When the End of the World comes, I can assure you, I will be partying to hard to notice.
NimbusAConflict
Grizzled Veteran

Postby darksyntax » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:45 pm

Stopped by a Target on my way home to grab a set to start some SSC musings and found two sets on a random shelf in the Lego aisle; price check returned $0.49. :D Not the best parts selection, but far from useless and at .5 cents/pcs could not be passed up.

If you find yourself in a Target or a Walmart, take a look around. You might find a random holiday polybag at a stupid price.
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:11 am

I picked up the tonight in Marshall's for $10.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Next

Return to Off Topic