Ijad Naming Conventions and Communication

Discussion of the background, history & universe
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Ijad Naming Conventions and Communication

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Fri May 24, 2019 6:55 am

Good morning everyone. I believe there may already be a thread to answer these questions, but I was unable to find any information on the Wiki or forums.

How do Ijad name themselves? I have seen bits and pieces of Ijad language, but do they carry any names?

Also, as far as I understand it, Ijad are able to communicate psychically to their host/each other, but do they communicate through their host to others, or psychically?

Thank you in advance.
Erebus awaits us all...
d8Rh This is the way of the Ninja d8Rh
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Re: Ijad Naming Conventions and Communication

Postby Artasid » Fri May 24, 2019 2:00 pm

In the front of the MFZ:RA rulebook, it tells of an Ijadhi named Adaj, and how he communicated with his brothers while his Ghanat host expressed itself with its quills, which tells me that the Ijad can communicate with others without the aid of their hosts (as it is not quite explained if a Ghanat can speak). As for naming themselves or their language, I am also in the dark as well.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Mon May 27, 2019 6:54 am

Artasid wrote:In the front of the MFZ:RA rulebook, it tells of an Ijadhi named Adaj, and how he communicated with his brothers while his Ghanat host expressed itself with its quills, which tells me that the Ijad can communicate with others without the aid of their hosts (as it is not quite explained if a Ghanat can speak). As for naming themselves or their language, I am also in the dark as well.

Thank you Artasid. I am planning a future part of one of my fictions, and wanted an interview with an Ijad. I’m glad to know I could have the Ijad interject it’s own opinions on the host’s interview.
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Postby Atavism » Mon May 27, 2019 9:58 am

Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:
ChaosChild wrote:And as such, if the hosts have access to senses outside "normal" range you could still get that dance party that MantisKings's after.

Quite so. They get the host's senses, digestive system, and feel their feelings, even.

XGundam05 wrote:This is more of a culture question, but what sort of names/naming conventions do the Ijad have? Or what sort of feel do the names generally have (in relation to actual earth-names...i.e. Cayden is a Celtic feeling name)? I'm writing up my company roster, and there's at least one Ijad-bonded human in it, so I'd like to have the Ijad's given name at least sounding canon.

For that matter, what is the plural of Ijad? Just Ijad, or something else?

A chunk of Ijad names:

Adaj
Abemet
Amut
Anehm
Behsshu
Bhohanem
Besh
Bhau
Dhiu
Doaj
Dheche
Durhach
Ehent
Esh
Ekauech
Etu
Ghal
Gemmeht
Goa
Ganmu
Hash
Hemet
Heth
Harenih
Idar
Imadeh
Ibanet
Ilamen
Jehte
Jomun
Judheh
Joam
Lodej
Ladhal
Lujman
Lom
Mehdel
Mohiam
Muad
Puhassh

( I realized by the time I got to "M" that I didn't need this long a name list until I do the RPG, so I stopped.)

There's some further discussion of the naming conventions after the post.

http://mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1237&p=9973&hilit=Naming#p10016
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Mon May 27, 2019 1:23 pm

I wouldn't call the communication between host and ijad psy as they are plugged into the nervous system.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby NinjaLegendDoom » Mon May 27, 2019 5:33 pm

Atavism wrote:
Joshua A.C. Newman wrote:

There's some further discussion of the naming conventions after the post.

http://mobileframehangar.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1237&p=9973&hilit=Naming#p10016

Thank you Atavism, I had though there was a thread, but for the life of me I couldn’t find it!

Shades_Corvid wrote:I wouldn't call the communication between host and ijad psy as they are plugged into the nervous system.

That is true, I was only considering communication as mind meets mind, not as the Ijad having the potential to completely control their host (not that they would).
Erebus awaits us all...
NinjaLegendDoom
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Background