[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - The other ST-0X frames

The other ST-0X frames

Discussion of the background, history & universe
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - Your posts should reflect this

Re: The other ST-0X frames

Postby Dukayn » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:03 am

Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:16 pm

spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:21 pm

It looks to me like we're gonna have to sit down and reread what we wrote! I think we may be seeing some editing artifacts. Which I hate.

My memory is that Celiel is where the term "mobile frame" came into use, because the combatants were using labor frames as highly mobile weapon platforms, but I think it might just be the first modern conflict of any large-scale political import. That means it was the first conflict to force a change in doctrine; before then, they might have been used like Gatling guns in the US Civil War, where no one knew how to use them yet, and therefore made bad engineering decisions (they couldn't traverse!), which led to a lack of tactical effectiveness.

Soren and I will reread what we wrote, discuss, and have some answers!

(In the meantime, note that the A-10 Warthog is still in use, despite being retired every few years. They still fly with F-16s over my house.)
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby soriansj » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Sorry but I need to put in my $0.02 here. If we're going to talk about apparent slow progress military technology then we should also consider Navy warships. You can say that over the last 40 years they remain unchanged. But the Navy does have over 30 types of warships. Most of them are still in use. Each one has a special function. I would say let's consider the size of the solar Union. Also let's consider all the types of environments that the solar Union encounters on different world. It's no different than the Navy and Counting different environments and therefore needing different types of ships to deal with those environments. For example mine fields. And yes there are still mine fields out there in the oceans. And yes the Navy still uses minesweepers old wooden boats. Maybe it's safe to say that teach ST is not necessarily an improvement from the prior. Rather maybe we can say that some of these models are simply adaptations of the different environments. 40 years is perhaps not a long time but I don't think its enough for a burning up 10 different models or whatever number models.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Postby soriansj » Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:37 pm

And don't get me started about Navy aircraft either lol

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Given that a given ST-07 only shares a couple of common parts with any other given ST-07, I think we can safely say that the numbering scheme doesn't represent an organized procession of technologies.
Joshua A.C. Newman

Postby Ryujin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 am

Ryujin
Chatty

Postby Vitoria » Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:23 pm

The visual references are down :(
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Soren » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:29 pm

Oh, sorry, I moved the folder, doing some housecleaning. The link in the original Errata thread has been updated and you should be able to fix it.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren

Postby spacemonkey » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:27 am

I wondered if that was what had happened. Links are now updated.
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:46 am

Thanks, guys!

Hey, Soren, why didn't you ever posted your errata images on Flickr? I assume it's easier to manage than Dropbox, when it comes to images.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Soren » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Oh, mostly to keep it uncluttered. And I will get around to that PDF collection, it's just a question of priorities right now.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren

Previous

Return to Mobile Frame Background