Frames
Frame Catalog

Equipment
Summer 0245 Armory Catalog

- - -

Olympus Mons
Profiles on Prominence: WangTech, Inc.
By: Cledwyn Suryasumantri

Originally a pre-Solar Union Earth-based multinational biotech firm, WangTech rapidly expanded during the Pre-Unification Wars, branching out into medical supplies, pharmaceuticals, medical implants, and robotics to take advantage of market demand. Near the end of the wars, WangTech began to shift resources to weapons production, but the cessation of hostilities dealt WangTech a serious financial blow, one from which it would not fully recover until the discovery of Transit Gate technology.

In a desperate bid for survival, WangTech put its very existence on the line to become one of the first - if relatively minor - corporate financial backers for the Transit Gate project. The combination of good publicity generated by the excitement for this new technology (certainly helped by an aggressive PR campaign) and the spike in demand for labor frames brought the faltering megacorp back to strong financial and political footing.

Pressing this advantage with fervor - a fervor some analysts of the time attributed to the deteriorating health of then-President and CEO Xavier Wang - WangTech scattered its seeds across human space: with every new gate put into operation, WangTech opened a logistics and brokering office aboard; for every sufficiently-profitable new colony world, WangTech erected a regional HQ. It's uncertain if the practice continues to the present day, as WangTech is a privately-held company, and public records from the colonies have been unreliable since the beginning of the Ijad invasion.

WangTech has been headquartered right here on Mars since the tragic loss of its original HQ on Earth; a freak, localized earthquake dropped the entire campus - over 10,000 employees, staffers, and visitors, including then-President and CEO Wang - into a massive sinkhole, burying everyone alive. WangTech's emergency response team was first on-site, confirming zero survivors. Over the course of the following year, WangTech Construction erected a memorial museum to President Wang and the other victims on the site of the former HQ. The memorial stands to this day; by tradition, new CEOs and regional directors make a pilgrimage each solar year to pay their respects and meditate upon the WangTech vision.

While WangTech is headquartered on Mars, the realities of a multi-system corporation require a high degree of regional autonomy; regional directors wield near-absolute authority over their domains, with one exception: since the beginning of the Ijad invasion, WangTech has enforced a company-wide policy of non-intervention, limiting their operations in Ijad- and rebel-contested space to humanitarian aid. Despite firm adherence to this policy within the company, WangTech representatives admitted that, due to unscrupulous, unaffiliated opportunists and the chaos of war, a trickle of WangTech military hardware has found its way into rebel and alien hands. WangTech has assured Olympus Mons that it is committed to eradicating this breach; WangTech's IP Enforcement Division has ramped up recruitment by over 200% in the past 6 months.

What does the future hold for WangTech? Company Spokesperson Stephanie Belasco had this to say: "At WangTech, we believe in the transformative power of human ingenuity through science and technology. We will continue serving humanity as we have throughout our history: improving your daily lives, equipping the brave men and women protecting your way of life, and bringing humanity inexorably into the future."

Need a job? We're hiring! WangTech R&D is looking for talented, highly-motivated xenobiologists, xenolinguists, cyberneticists, and network engineers for exciting careers across the galaxy!
Send your resume to: RnDjobs (at) WangTech (dot) SU (dot) biz
Last edited by randolph on Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Overview: WangTech, Inc.

Postby Ced23Ric » Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 am

So much win.

Image Vesopia - An Ijad-controlled system, where SU and FC are still fighting.
"The moon will guide you on your path when the sun long has set." - Trinity Of-The-Many.
Ced23Ric
Old Guard

Postby randolph » Fri May 04, 2012 2:46 am

Updated the ah, logo <_<
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

WangTech presents: Beast Within™ Weaponized Wildlife

Postby randolph » Fri May 04, 2012 11:06 pm

WangTech presents: Beast Within™ Weaponized Wildlife

Enemy perimeter too secure? UAVs too easy to detect on cutting-edge scanners? Or just want compromising pictures of the coworker in the next cubicle? WangTech can help!

Introducing the Beast Within™ line of Weaponized Wildlife - perfect for espionage, infiltration, sabotage, and entertainment! We leave most of the nervous system intact for lifelike, believable behavior, while the augmented cortex implant allows for simple training routines as well as full remote-control.

From left to right:
Anas platyrhynchos base (unaltered)
Fowl Play™ unit showing simulated battle damage, equipped with miniaturized fully-automatic anti-proton grenade launcher.
Fowl Play™ endoskeleton
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Dukayn » Mon May 07, 2012 2:12 am

LOL @ the logo
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby randolph » Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 am

Dukayn wrote:LOL @ the logo

Yeeees. Be amused by the simple, stylish, and above all perfectly normal logo.
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Stripykiller » Tue May 15, 2012 6:22 pm

I would like to apply for a job at WangTech. Just who would I contact?
Here is my (in-character) resume. I am interested in having an excuse to field the very best in arms, and also get a "real job", because my mom said that my friends cannot play "Frames and Freedom" in the basement anymore, despite my insistence that we will revolutionize tactics in the frame industry. At any rate, I already got my friends to join up infantry groups, and have constructed my own frame! Please respond, Stephano Jawbsawn.(Returns to being Steve Jobson) Good day, and thanks for letting me clear my system.
CrimsonKMR wrote:I do get the strong feeling that somewhere in the past, Aperture Laboratories developed a pure weapons offshoot... and that eventually became Wang Tech ;)
Stripykiller
Newcomer

Postby randolph » Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Greetings Stephano Jawbsawn,

Thank you for your interest in an exciting, rewarding career with WangTech! Based on your letter, it sounds like you are interested in a position in one or more of the following divisions:
* Intellectual Property Enforcement
* Research and Development, Munitions Testing
* Security

If so, you're in luck! IP Enforcement is currently recruiting daily in your region! To find the nearest W.I.P.E. recruiting office, please visit our website and click on the "I want to W.I.P.E.!" button.

In the meantime, I have forwarded your resume to the other two departments. We have an extensive pre-screening process, so don't be dismayed if you don't hear back from us within a couple of weeks.

Until then, may your progress be inexorable,

Atherton Mgabe
Human Resources
WangTech, Inc.
WangTech, Inc.
Inexorable. Progress.
Company Overview
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby randolph » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:01 am

Updated the OP with links.