[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Fan Created Rules and Future Component Publication

Fan Created Rules and Future Component Publication

Post and discuss your custom / house rules for the MFZ: Rapid Attack.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this.

Fan Created Rules and Future Component Publication

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Tue May 22, 2012 4:44 pm

I'm seeing a lot of really neat rule hacks here in the Hangar. Some of them are interesting but don't have anything to do with my future plans, some rules already noted in my sketchbooks for future component publications and we've parallel-evolved them (Hooray!), and some are really clever and I want to use them in future publications.

The ones that don't have anything to do with my publications don't really matter for the purposes of the following discussion. Make the rules good and have a great time with them! If you think you're really onto something, put together a nice-looking PDF and share it around!

The other two, I want to make sure my nose is clean on.

When a player comes up with an idea that I've already got plans for, then I'd love to be able to credit you, but I might miss you. If you catch it before the component goes to press, please let me know! I want to put your name on it.

If you've come up with an idea that I want to use, that I hadn't thought of before, though, I'll write you a PM or email or something asking if I can use it in a component. I'll be selling components under the Mobile Frame Zero brand and glyphpress sigil, but I want to make sure you get design credit on the rules you've created. If you don't want me to use the rule, just say so and I'll respect that; I'll find another rule to work in its place.
Last edited by Joshua A.C. Newman on Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: Fan Created Rules and Future Component Publication

Postby Axhead » Tue May 22, 2012 6:16 pm

Very cool and highly civilized.
Axhead
Grizzled Veteran

Postby zeekhotep » Tue May 22, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes, we have already seen how easily feelings can be hurt. Toes can be stepped on without the stepper knowing, and sometimes the toe stepped on wasn't really stepped on, but the owner of the toe thinks it was. Either way people get angry.

Personally, I think if you post an idea having to do with this game in a public place, that you are "giving" it to the MoF0 community. I also feel strongly about giving credit where credit is due. Anyone who has read a significant portion of my blog will know this is true.

I just want to add that anything I post here, or on my blog, may be used by Joshua, or anyone, producing a commons document for Mobile Frame Zero. This can be done with or without giving me credit (credit would be nice). I also want to add that I would expect absolutely no monetary compensation for the use of said ideas.

zeekhotep
Talkative

Postby The Trilobite » Wed May 23, 2012 2:48 am

Thanks for putting this out there, making it clear, and using a good tone. I doubt I'll ever come up with any rules or anything else usable, but it's still good to know and especially good to see intents so well-expressed.
"What do you put on your head to see all this stuff?"
--Just one of many questions raised by .

The Trilobite
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 23, 2012 10:57 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby adorablerocket » Wed May 23, 2012 11:03 am

Makes great sense, happy to be part of such a community!
adorablerocket
Chatty

Return to Fan Created Rules