Drones as systems?

Any rules question for MFZ: Rapid Attack should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Drones as systems?

Postby Artasid » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:20 am

A while back, I read a post somewhere (but I can not for the life of me remember where) that stated there are Frames that uses Drones to represent the systems they are equipped with, and this raised a question in my mind; What is the ruling on drones as systems? (if there is any such ruling)
I mean, do they have to be connected to the central frame or are they independent units? Plus, if they are independent, are they able to move across the board without the mother frame or is there a limit to how far they can travel? And how would a Movement system drone work? Could an enemy frame target the drone instead of the mother frame?

So many questions, and I do have more, but I'll be satisfied with any explanation shared. Sorry to keep asking so many questions, but I want to learn, and hopefully become a better player. Thank you.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Been Around The Block

Re: Drones as systems?

Postby VitorFaria » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:24 am

Usually it's just a fluff/decoration thing. The drone just travels alongside the frame and behaves as just another system.

If the drone is big enough some people just treat it as a full blown frame and it behaves just like one.

In the end of the day this is up to imagination. As long you're consistent and your opponents know what you're doing you should be fine.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 am

All system representations are cosmetic. You should strongly consider either connecting a drone to the frame or having them share a base just for the sake of clarity and simplicity though. In fact, you could even have a group of small drones based together to make a single frame equivalent unit if you wanted.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:55 pm

If you do use disconnected pieces as systems, they have no effect on the game. They can't be used for measuring range (neither attack nor defense), and they can't be targeted at all. A movement drone would work exactly the same way as anything else.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Return to Rapid Attack