Removing pieces from cover

Any rules question for MFZ: Rapid Attack should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Removing pieces from cover

Postby jaults » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:07 pm

Hey guys,

Playing my first game of MF0, and I have a quick question about how to remove pieces from cover that takes damage. I built some terrain out of small pieces, and some terrain out of larger pieces, which means that doing damage to terrain does substantially different things against the different pieces of terrain. Specifically, I made some terrain out of 1x10 and 1x12 bricks (l-shaped walls, for example), so removing 12 or 18 "pieces" can possibly completely destroy the terrain, while other terrain is made out of a bunch of 1x2 bricks, so removing 12 or 18 of them leaves lots of that piece of terrain remaining. I hope this makes sense...

So, does this just mean that the terrain made from the larger pieces is crappier terrain, because it can get removed more easily?
jaults
Newcomer

Re: Removing pieces from cover

Postby Mantisking » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:20 am

jaults wrote:Hey guys,

Playing my first game of MF0, and I have a quick question about how to remove pieces from cover that takes damage. I built some terrain out of small pieces, and some terrain out of larger pieces, which means that doing damage to terrain does substantially different things against the different pieces of terrain. Specifically, I made some terrain out of 1x10 and 1x12 bricks (l-shaped walls, for example), so removing 12 or 18 "pieces" can possibly completely destroy the terrain, while other terrain is made out of a bunch of 1x2 bricks, so removing 12 or 18 of them leaves lots of that piece of terrain remaining. I hope this makes sense...

So, does this just mean that the terrain made from the larger pieces is crappier terrain, because it can get removed more easily?

Essentially. You have to be aware when you're building terrain of just how tough you want it to be. Two to three hits is a good amount for "medium grade" Cover.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:32 pm

If you want to use larger pieces but have sturdier terrain, you can add a bunch of small pieces to the top.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby VitorFaria » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:37 am

Some people house rule big pieces like LURPs and BURPs as being worth a full damage dice as well.
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
VitorFaria
Mod Team

Return to Rapid Attack