Errors in rulebook?

Any question on the rules for MFZ: Intercept Orbit should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Errors in rulebook?

Postby howdyhamster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:15 pm

Is there a list of errata for this game? I've played MFZ a couple times with my friends (MFZ and also back when it was called Mechaton), and am reading through the IO rulebook I got from Kickstarter last year in preparation to eventually teach it to them. On page 26, on the scoreboard example, should the PPA be different? It's showing as
Code: Select all
     TTM IJAD FC
TAS  5   3    4
SYS  8   4    10
PPA  3   7    5

But FC has the most systems, so shouldn't they and TTM both be at 4 PPA?

Also, building instructions, page 48, step 10, there should be a 1x2 plate or something to connect the 1x2-1x4 bracket. As printed, it's just floating.
howdyhamster
Newcomer

Re: Errors in rulebook?

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:54 pm

howdyhamster wrote:Is there a list of errata for this game? I've played MFZ a couple times with my friends (MFZ and also back when it was called Mechaton), and am reading through the IO rulebook I got from Kickstarter last year in preparation to eventually teach it to them. On page 26, on the scoreboard example, should the PPA be different? It's showing as
Code: Select all
     TTM IJAD FC
TAS  5   3    4
SYS  8   4    10
PPA  3   7    5

But FC has the most systems, so shouldn't they and TTM both be at 4 PPA?

Looking at it it does looking like that TTM was minus 2 when FC should have gotten minus for 10 BUT it does say 'On any ties, all tied players tweak their PPA' but that also seems like an odd tweak, you think they just go 4, 5 and 7 unless they thought it be better if there was a bigger gap.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby howdyhamster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:58 pm

I interpreted the "On any ties" to mean ties for most/fewest assets/modules. So there's no ties here, since each team has a different number of assets and modules.
howdyhamster
Newcomer

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:03 pm

howdyhamster wrote:I interpreted the "On any ties" to mean ties for most/fewest assets/modules. So there's no ties here, since each team has a different number of assets and modules.

Except by the math the PPA would be 4 7 4

Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby howdyhamster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:05 pm

Shades_Corvid wrote:
howdyhamster wrote:I interpreted the "On any ties" to mean ties for most/fewest assets/modules. So there's no ties here, since each team has a different number of assets and modules.

Except by the math the PPA would be 4 7 4

Yes, there's a tie for PPA, but not for assets or modules. So 4 7 4 is what it should be played at.
howdyhamster
Newcomer

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:15 pm

It referring to ties in PPA, not TAs and Systems. In RA if there is a tie when counting Frames and Systems than both players adjust their score. IO shouldn't be any different.

Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:19 pm

howdyhamster wrote:Also, building instructions, page 48, step 10, there should be a 1x2 plate or something to connect the 1x2-1x4 bracket. As printed, it's just floating.

On this you are correct, should be a 1x2 plate in step 10 that goes under the plate of the bracket. Soren actually gave out an updated instruction with the IO Tiers that got that ship.

Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby howdyhamster » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:34 pm

Shades_Corvid wrote:It referring to ties in PPA, not TAs and Systems. In RA if there is a tie when counting Frames and Systems than both players adjust their score. IO shouldn't be any different.

If there is a tie when counting TAs and Systems, both players adjust their score as in RA. I've been agreeing with that. What is unclear is the phrase "On any ties, all tied players tweak their PPA." I'm interpreting that phrase to mean "On any ties (in TAs and Systems), all tied players tweak their PPA (up or down, as defined above). This way it would play like in RA. Are you saying there should also be no ties in PPA? And if so, what determines how that is resolved?
howdyhamster
Newcomer

Return to Intercept Orbit