Firing arcs do they exist?

Any question on the rules for MFZ: Intercept Orbit should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Firing arcs do they exist?

Postby Mrtyler603 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:49 pm

So do such a thing exist in intercept orbit? Like for example let's say my ship has two rows of broad side guns and a forward facing gun. Let's say that my ship is facing the enemy head on and all the weapons are within range of the enemy ship. Can I hit them with the broad side cannons even though realisticly the ship wouldn't be in position for a broad side?
Mrtyler603
Young Gun

Re: Firing arcs do they exist?

Postby Atavism » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 am

No. The models are just there to be representational and cool. If you had to play based on what you could build everyone ends up having to make turrets or eat a disadvantage, which is super lame. Weapon ranges are measured from the ship, not from the specific spot it is built on, also.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Firing arcs do they exist?

Postby CmdrRook » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:00 am

Mrtyler603 wrote:Can I hit them with the broad side cannons even though realisticly the ship wouldn't be in position for a broad side?

Yes, you can. Regardless of where on the ship your weapons are located, or what direction they face, your range is measured in any direction from any part of the model. Range is the only restriction on what is or isn't a valid target.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Intercept Orbit