Intercept Orbit v0.8 Rules Feedback

Any question on the rules for MFZ: Intercept Orbit should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Intercept Orbit v0.8 Rules Feedback

Postby addking » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:05 am

As this is the first version with the builds in it - I noticed that on page 74 (final page of the build for the Samar Class) the gun pod is missing. It's 5 bricks (1 half pin, 1 technic 1x1, cheese wedge, 1x2 inverted wedge, one full technic peg.) In Soren's pics it is mounted on the right hand side.

I realize all weapon systems are optional. ;)
addking
Talkative

Re: Intercept Orbit v0.8 Rules Feedback

Postby Mantisking » Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:17 am

He didn't include it in the reference photos he sent to Wordman.

Also, the range descriptions are missing.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Hackjob » Mon Dec 08, 2014 10:21 am

Hey here are a few corrections/questions:

On page 23 about the yellow ace- "It may spot any ship within point defense range" I assume the yellow ace can spot any TA within point defense range, not just ships.

On page 36 describing ship capture results- "Every die reading 4-5 damages one enemy mobile frame system" It then says the same (every die) for results of 6,7,and 8. Should this say- every RED die reading 4-5 damages one enemy mobile frame system (etc. etc.)? Or do the yellow dice rolled capure ships AND damage enemy frame systems?

On page 37 When a player captures a ship- "The white dice remain in the hands of the original owner. the original owner may allocate them as they wish on that ships turn, even replacing higher colored dice." Does this mean when an opponent has captured my ship and they roll an 8 on a red die to attack me, I can replace that 8 with a lower white die forcing them to attack at a lower value and wasting the 8? Alternatively could I replace a high defense roll with a 1 on a white die if I have given up on a ship and want to destroy it?

I haven't played with the new ruleset yet but I am looking forwards to it!

-Hackjob
-Hackjob

Here's more: my Flikr
Even more... my Imgur
Hackjob
Grizzled Veteran

Postby addking » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:00 pm

Okay, I have finished all ships in LDD other than a couple LDD known connections that are 'illegal' it all works fine...

EXCEPT the Ijad Frigate Instructions - When I follow the ones in the PDF LDD will not allow the sides to go on. I eye-balled one months ago and used my guts vs the ones in the book - and there's a difference in plate offsetting that allows the 1x2 plates that go inside the side shells to connect correctly - LDD won't allow the sides to connect. For reference I'm including the LDD file of them both (my guts have no motor bricks) vs the one in the book in case anyone wants a hands-on go at it.

Gust Guts Problem.lxf
(5.8 KiB) Downloaded 51 times

You could leave the 1x2 plates off and just connect the side panels by the front 2 studs, but that feels pretty unstable due to the side engine/thrusters that get stacked up on it.
addking
Talkative

Postby spacemonkey » Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Just for anyone who couldn't find it, the link for downloading the latest version of the rules: http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/intercept-orbit-0-8/
spacemonkey
Grizzled Veteran

Postby woodwardiocom » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:19 am

There is an error in the spaceship build instructions on p44. The angle bracket added in step 10 isn't attached to anything. There's a 1-plate gap underneath it.

The ship is also bigger than 16 studs, which might be a bad precedent.

-JW
woodwardiocom
Talkative

Postby woodwardiocom » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:10 am

addking wrote:Okay, I have finished all ships in LDD other than a couple LDD known connections that are 'illegal' it all works fine...
EXCEPT the Ijad Frigate Instructions - When I follow the ones in the PDF LDD will not allow the sides to go on. I eye-balled one months ago and used my guts vs the ones in the book - and there's a difference in plate offsetting that allows the 1x2 plates that go inside the side shells to connect correctly.

Yeah, I encountered this same problem during actual-brick assembly. (Page 61, step 8.) In order to attach the triple-slope "shells", you need to separate the core assembly into two parts, leaving a gap behind the two rocket bricks, which is definitely not what's in the picture. The whole thing is stable enough once the shells go on, but as-shown it's impossible to assemble.

Also, the frigate is considerably bigger than 12 studs, which is against the rules.

-JW
woodwardiocom
Talkative

Return to Intercept Orbit