Mobile Frame Zero: Intercept Orbit.

Any question on the rules for MFZ: Intercept Orbit should be asked here.
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: Mobile Frame Zero: Alpha Bandit

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Yeah, you even use a single cat to refuel and repair by using a white die (or even both if the black was crap). But having an entire system — let alone two in your fleet — that you don't use for most of the game is not a good move.

I'm a little uncomfortable with some of the pacing of the game right now, and the solution might be in extending the lifetime of ships. I'll let the MoFØs know how the experiment goes.
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Re: Mobile Frame Zero: Intercept Orbit.

Postby AbsenceofGravitas » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:13 pm

Yoho my dears,

Is this the spot to add to the to-do list for future iterations of the IO rulesets?

We've had a spot of difficulty with the f1 PDF's description of what spotting does and the effects of damage. Spotting seems to stop at plopping a yellow dice in front of a TA, and there's no explanation of how one goes ahead with damage when a TA's run out of systems. Referencing the RA rulebook seems to have cleared things up — assuming there were no refinements/changes between systems? Extra damage dice if you remove a spot dice on a target, when out of systems you remove white dice, aye?— but until that point we were flummoxed.

I feel a bit of an ass starting out on here with this sort of post: pedantry's dull as bricks and no-one likes more work. I've had fun building ships and the gang's been rather inspired & is looking forward to interesting times.
AbsenceofGravitas
Newcomer

Re: Mobile Frame Zero: Intercept Orbit.

Postby Shades_Corvid » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:24 pm

AbsenceofGravitas wrote:Yoho my dears,

Is this the spot to add to the to-do list for future iterations of the IO rulesets?

We've had a spot of difficulty with the f1 PDF's description of what spotting does and the effects of damage. Spotting seems to stop at plopping a yellow dice in front of a TA, and there's no explanation of how one goes ahead with damage when a TA's run out of systems. Referencing the RA rulebook seems to have cleared things up — assuming there were no refinements/changes between systems? Extra damage dice if you remove a spot dice on a target, when out of systems you remove white dice, aye?— but until that point we were flummoxed.

I feel a bit of an ass starting out on here with this sort of post: pedantry's dull as bricks and no-one likes more work. I've had fun building ships and the gang's been rather inspired & is looking forward to interesting times.

There is a rule question section but I wouldn't expect a updated edition anytime soon. Intercept Orbit is written with the idea that you have RA; basically if IO doesn't change it than it just like RA.
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Previous

Return to Intercept Orbit