Terrain and Accessories

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Terrain and Accessories

Postby VF1S » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:41 am

Hiyas All, Is there an instructions compilation for Stations, Zizy vehicles, Terrain, and Weapons? I am new at building robots with LEGO. A great tabletop game has great terrain and accessories. Please advise.
This Mobile Frame Zero thing is so important, I just couldn't give it up!?!
VF1S
Newcomer

Re: Terrain and Accessories

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 am

I know there's been a little consideration to assemble instructions for those things, but they haven't come to fruition yet. Currently, you'll need to do a bit of leg work to explore the examples here.

A good cheat in the mean time, 7p roughly equates to 20mm scale, which means Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars and terrain are in scale. 25mm (40k/Infinity) and 15mm (Flames of War) are more common, but will be slightly out of scale, making the robots smaller or larger by comparison, respectively.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:23 am

VF1S wrote:Hiyas All, Is there an instructions compilation for Stations, Zizy vehicles, Terrain, and Weapons? I am new at building robots with LEGO. A great tabletop game has great terrain and accessories. Please advise.

I don't think anyone has done a "how to" on Stations. Maybe that's something I should talk about on my blog.
There is a topic on Zizy's vehicles somewhere in the Vehicle sub-forum. Here.
The only real "how to" Terrain is this one. Oh, and this one. I talk a lot about Terrain on my blog too.
We have a sub-forum for Weapons & Equipment.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby VF1S » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am

Thank you all for being so helpful. I just downloaded the Rulebook and a lot of frame instructions. The next step is buying the LEGO's and dice. Any suggestions other than Bricklink that I can buy what I need to get started? I am mainly interested in black, white, and yellow for my army. Last night I did a Chub in those colors on LDD.
This Mobile Frame Zero thing is so important, I just couldn't give it up!?!
VF1S
Newcomer

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:02 am

That all depends on what you want to build. In order to have the parts required to build multiple copies of the Frames featured in the Rapid Attack book, Mantisking assembled a parts list on his blog: here.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:17 pm

VF1S wrote:The next step is buying the LEGO's and dice. Any suggestions other than Bricklink that I can buy what I need to get started?

Bricklink is an awesome place to get the pieces you need. Alternatively you can also go to the Pick-A-Brick section at the LEGO online store. They also have a great selection of parts and colors (Though there are some newer bricks, like the padlock, I wish they would include but they have not yet done so)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Grizzled Veteran

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion