Let's not despair in mourning the Mixels

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Let's not despair in mourning the Mixels

Postby Jagarmot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:20 pm

Hey guys !

I miss the idea of a new wave of Mixels, as lots here do. Its an "easy way in" the game that we are losing, as well as fun (SSC) builds.
But let's not despair, there might be some interesting things from TLC coming our way :

• Discounted Dimensions sets : Fun packs, SSC fodder ?
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

I've got a few "Lego Dimensions Fun packs" at 60% off from Amazon during the Black Friday sales. Sadly limited to 3 per order, I have 3 Nyas (http://brickset.com/sets/71216-1/Nya) and 2 Gollums (http://brickset.com/sets/71218-1/Gollum)
They may not be the most exciting sets to SSC, but they are strong frame bases with a cool parts inventory. Hopefully the minifigs and NFC bases will find a new home and will bring the price down even more ;-)

Some other Fun Packs seem interesting for MFZ:RA and/or MFZ:IO.
Last year's "Ultimate Nexo Knights" might be available at a discount too in the future. I do not recall who presented Lavaria here, but I remember that it was very promising. The knights are great for minifig-based companies, with their oversized (and changeable) systems.

• The new part from Nexo Knights : The core of the battle suits is one huge piece and may be interesting

Honestly, I was hoping for a brick built core. But this new part has plenty of hard points. Who knows ? I know I'll keep an eye out for these, I want to try it out.
The battle suits themselves are too big and some parts combinations won't work at 7p scale, but it's a robot that holds a minifig :-)

• Star Wars and Batman polybags : If they are widely available

A brick built R2D2, strange Batman contraptions... These polybags may hold a frame. I would love to field a company of R2-D2 :-)

What do you think of these ?

I did not check the new creator sets, anything interesting there ? Some new licensed sets that you'd like to try out ? I doubt TLC removed every thing at the Mixels price points.
Jagarmot
Talkative

Re: Let's not despair in mourning the Mixels

Postby Shades_Corvid » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:42 pm

Jagarmot wrote:
  • Discounted Dimensions sets : Fun packs, SSC fodder ?
ImageImage

I've got a few "Lego Dimensions Fun packs" at 60% off from Amazon during the Black Friday sales. Sadly limited to 3 per order, I have 3 Nyas (http://brickset.com/sets/71216-1/Nya) and 2 Gollums (http://brickset.com/sets/71218-1/Gollum)
They may not be the most exciting sets to SSC, but they are strong frame bases with a cool parts inventory. Hopefully the minifigs and NFC bases will find a new home and will bring the price down even more ;-)

Some other Fun Packs seem interesting for MFZ:RA and/or MFZ:IO.
Last year's "Ultimate Nexo Knights" might be available at a discount too in the future. I do not recall who presented Lavaria here, but I remember that it was very promising. The knights are great for minifig-based companies, with their oversized (and changeable) systems.

Also Check Five Belows

Jagarmot wrote:
  • The new part from Nexo Knights : The core of the battle suits is one huge piece and may be interesting

Honestly, I was hoping for a brick built core. But this new part has plenty of hard points. Who knows ? I know I'll keep an eye out for these, I want to try it out.
The battle suits themselves are too big and some parts combinations won't work at 7p scale, but it's a robot that holds a minifig :-)

But the Golden Ratio Price is so broken but that piece...wonder how much weight that small ball can handle...*cough* 14P *cough*

Jagarmot wrote:
  • Star Wars and Batman polybags : If they are widely available

A brick built R2D2, strange Batman contraptions... These polybags may hold a frame. I would love to field a company of R2-D2 :-)

Polybags are always part of SSCs
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Re: Let's not despair in mourning the Mixels

Postby EvilGod » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:10 am

there are several Dimensions sets which look promising for SSC. Some of them are even Frames by themselves. But even discounted the price point on those sets is far above the golden ratio :(
as for the polybags: most of the good ones are Target exclusive (or so it seems to me). and we dont have Target in my parts (Austria).

So i am a sad little MoF0 and mourn the Mixels :cry:
EvilGod
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion