[Discussion] Non-Combat Frame Challenge

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: [Discussion] Non-Combat Frame Challenge

Postby Atavism » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Mobile Home Zero: Rapid Camper. That's a fun little build, the tardigrade theme was unexpected, well executed, and actually a thoughtful/appropriate approach to the kind of thing it does. Thanks for coming over to the forum!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Starflower » Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:28 pm

A rapid camper is a happy camper!
All of it just somehow happened (after some jumbling around).
Starflower
Chatty

Postby Atavism » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:30 am

Starflower wrote:A rapid camper is a happy camper!
All of it just somehow happened (after some jumbling around).

Somehow happened frames are the best frames.

EvilGod: I would stomp that frame around shouting, "Who wants to drink from the fire hose!" until people stopped playing with me.
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby EvilGod » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:04 am

Atavism wrote:EvilGod: I would stomp that frame around shouting, "Who wants to drink from the fire hose!" until people stopped playing with me.

Thanks to youtube i now know what you are talikng about. and somehow i feel like it would have been better if i didnt. :roll:
EvilGod
Talkative

Postby Atavism » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:17 am

EvilGod wrote:
Atavism wrote:EvilGod: I would stomp that frame around shouting, "Who wants to drink from the fire hose!" until people stopped playing with me.

Thanks to youtube i now know what you are talikng about. and somehow i feel like it would have been better if i didnt. :roll:

It wasn't a great movie but it had some truly magical moments.
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Soriansj: Thanks for submitting your Otter! A smoke grenade is an odd choice, though I know you didn't originally intend the build for this purpose. I can totally imagine it unleashing a torrent of disposable weather probes as chaff d6B . (Twister, anyone?)
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby soriansj » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:33 pm

The T.A.R.D.Y. gets two thumbs up from me. The look and color combo really makes this one feel non-combat.

Love the "Tinderbox" backstory.
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Postby soriansj » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Atavism wrote:Soriansj: Thanks for submitting your Otter! A smoke grenade is an odd choice, though I know you didn't originally intend the build for this purpose. I can totally imagine it unleashing a torrent of disposable weather probes as chaff d6B . (Twister, anyone?)

Thanks! If I had a machine that could run LDD, I would've pulled that old lxf file out and removed the smoke grenade. So, I submitted what I had.
"Fear not the Defigo Hound that has picked up your scent. Fear the Master coming right behind it.
soriansj
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Vitoria » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:35 pm

Just passing by this thread to say I'm loving every bit of content included!

Great ideas everywhere. I'm loving the diversity of scope, features and aesthetics, keep on building, guys!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:39 pm

Atavism wrote:It wasn't a great movie but it had some truly magical moments.

Let's be honest, it was terrible. But then "Spatula City" comes on and you remember why you decided to watch it again.
Now developing the Mobile Frame Zero Commander's Handbook — The official mobile/web app for rules, game aids, and tactical planning.
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Blorf wrote:
Atavism wrote:It wasn't a great movie but it had some truly magical moments.

Let's be honest, it was terrible. But then "Spatula City" comes on and you remember why you decided to watch it again.

"Wheel of Fish" is my favorite. Really they should just release a version that's just the skits.

VitorFaria wrote:Just passing by this thread to say I'm loving every bit of content included!

Great ideas everywhere. I'm loving the diversity of scope, features and aesthetics, keep on building, guys!

+1, I'm very pleased so far.
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Starflower wrote: Posted a thing.

This is a pretty great build. I love how you worked out the eyes/antennae. I can't help but feel like you did too good a job making a LEGO ant though. Needs to get messed up a little to add some machine aspects.

Mantisking wrote: Did too!

That's gotta be a let down for someone fresh out of pilot school. Cleaning services are probably pretty important though, especially on a ship or station.

Shades_Corvid wrote: Won't stop. Can't stop.

This is really great. Like I said on Discord, I'd really like to see one as an armory frame for an actual squad of something "serious" like Gun Bunnies. Maybe could use a little bit of articulation in the legs.
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Shades_Corvid » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:13 am

Atavism wrote: Maybe could use a little bit of articulation in the legs.

What's that? ;)
"The Legs have Teeth..." *Comm Static*

Dark Cloud Blogs - A MF0 Blog (Mostly)

The University - MF0 Discord Server
Shades_Corvid
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Atavism » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:48 am

Shades_Corvid wrote:
Atavism wrote: Maybe could use a little bit of articulation in the legs.

What's that? ;)

I know, it's a bit hypocritical coming from me. I just think if I was to build a mobile frame weapons tote it could use just a little something to make the legs less rigid looking.

Starflower wrote: R-Katy Vendor Buggy

I really want to see a whole caravan of these, each with its own theme and little flags and signs everywhere. Or at least one that uses the back hatch as a missile bay...
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby EvilGod » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:28 am

Starflower, I love the extendable legs! They make me imagine the hissing an clinking, as this thing tilts upright.
EvilGod
Talkative

Postby Vitoria » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:50 am

This thing just keeps getting better and better!
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Starflower » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:03 am

Atavism wrote:This is a pretty great build. I love how you worked out the eyes/antennae. I can't help but feel like you did too good a job making a LEGO ant though. Needs to get messed up a little to add some machine aspects.

Yeah, I think I see what you mean. No time for anti-ants now, though! I'm sure to use that hexapod base for something else later on.

Atavism wrote:I really want to see a whole caravan of these, each with its own theme and little flags and signs everywhere. Or at least one that uses the back hatch as a missile bay...

Oh boy. Missile bay will be easy enough, but playing around with variations would take some sweet time! It would be fun, though. And great scenery on a game table.

VitorFaria wrote:This thing just keeps getting better and better!

It does!
Starflower
Chatty

Postby Atavism » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:06 am

Aight, where are we at with this?

Hydromancer has posted a tag team. A great conscript. Maybe the nicest concript I've seen. Do I detect a trace of Chubdam styling in the white face? His buddy is a "Scrap Dragon" with a welding torch head and some high utility arms with a lot of reach. He's fun. Wonderful attempts all around, high marks but for a poor score from the notoriously fickle French judge.

Next up Luke underscore Bee Emm Emm brings us a mobile frame mobile home. This is our second (third?) Mobile Frame Living entry and it doesn't disappoint with a creative suspension system that adds forward-backward poseability through a wiggling hip. Nicely done Luke_BMM!

Finally Valtarshol brings us a workman variant of his Jitterbug frame. Stripped of armor down to a cleverly devised skeleton and painted a cheerful construction yellow, this bug comes with a nicely devised welding torch. Great use of technic and exotic clips to really bring the concept home.

Once again, thank you everyone who's posted so far
I'm having a great time, and I hope everyone else is too! Looking forward to what last few entries might squeeze through the door before the 26th!
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:36 pm

Some Stupid, Stupid Man a Month Ago wrote: Picking a winner shouldn't be too hard.

VitorFaria wrote: Posted, like, the eleventieth really great build to this thing.

Hutch me, guys. Staaaahp.

No wait, don't stop! :D
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby EvilGod » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:48 am

VitorFaria, thank you! for literally weeks i am thinking "i should build an underwater frame, because frames are better at everything, so why not swimming!"
now i dont have to.
EvilGod
Talkative

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion