Russian guy with tons of views

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Russian guy with tons of views

Postby Vitoria » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:55 pm

Did anyone bring that up yet?

Is this guy here?

Anyway, I can't understand what he says, but his videos look very nice.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Re: Russian guy with tons of views

Postby darksyntax » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:36 pm

Hadn't seen those videos before. A little google translate later (I don't speak Russian either)... and it appears he just really digs little robots and wants to show others how to make cool little robots from Lego. His mentioning MFZ seems to be just to credit some inspiration, not advocating playing the game but who knows, it's hard to tell. That said, he has some cool builds and his step-by-step could be helpful for those starting out. Many of his builds are obvious mods of others work, but that's not a negative. You can see a mod of my PaM-32 Heavy Laborer at the 5:58 mark in the video linked above (I really like his arms on this actually...).
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby -:subZ3RO:- » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 pm

I've been following this guy on youtube. Cool videos, even though you can't understand a word of it. He has quite a few videos tagged as MFZ and does a bit with Mixels too. Check him out.
-:subZ3RO:-
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:55 am

Interesting find. Looks like there are a bunch of copies of things created by the community with little tweaks tossed in. I see he copied one of my cargo crates.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Vitoria » Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:59 pm

After some digging I found out that Russians have a VK group that's actually more active than our own Facebook group.

Let that sink in for a minute.
VitorFaria (she/her)
"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love." Carl Sagan
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby vfka » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:03 pm

This guy make a lot of stuff with lego, not only MFZ, my boys like to watch his video. He was made 7 youtube videos about MFZ, and say that it's over for a while. Original MFZ rules looks too complecate for him, so he made his own (about 4-5 page A4), and made it on russian language. As I see, most of VK group is young children, they are following this simple rules or trying to understand the original, but witout any success, not enough language knowledge at this age. I was trying to play this rules with my boys, really boring, so I lern original and happy with this. There is no any portal or forum abaut MFZ on russian, as I know, I mean nothin looks like this one. So you don't miss something interesting inspite of you don't understand russian ;)
glhf
vfka
Newcomer

Postby Vitoria » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

vfka wrote:This guy make a lot of stuff with lego, not only MFZ, my boys like to watch his video. He was made 7 youtube videos about MFZ, and say that it's over for a while. Original MFZ rules looks too complecate for him, so he made his own (about 4-5 page A4), and made it on russian language. As I see, most of VK group is young children, they are following this simple rules or trying to understand the original, but witout any success, not enough language knowledge at this age. I was trying to play this rules with my boys, really boring, so I lern original and happy with this. There is no any portal or forum abaut MFZ on russian, as I know, I mean nothin looks like this one. So you don't miss something interesting inspite of you don't understand russian ;)
glhf

I see, I tried to interact with them and have reached similar conclusions.

Oh, and by the way, welcome to the Hangar! Nice to have you here!
VitorFaria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion