[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - first time questions!

first time questions!

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

first time questions!

Postby personzz~ » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:31 pm

hello! i just got here and i have a couple of questions regarding mfz. first off exactly how many systems are allowed per game,
second what is a good place to get pieces cheap?
i think that's it for now. tips suggestions? anything is welcome and wanted. a pic of my first proper frame coming out soon!™
looking to make some freinds on here. and thinking about a demo game over the internet. so hi. and bye! :D.
XD HAHAHAHA, of course, BOOM d8Ra
personzz~
Chatty

Re: first time questions!

Postby Artasid » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello and welcome to the Hanger.

Let me first say that there are a LOT of other players on this thread that are more than able to assist in any issues reguarding MFZ. Rule clarifications, building ideas, loadout tips, whatever you need, someone here will most likely be able to help.

As for the first question: How many systems per game allowed?

Well, this kinda depends on the size of your company (or squad of frames your using). A rule of thumb, as far as I know, is that the standard amount of frames to use per company is 5 frames. However, this number can be changed, depending on what type of game you want.

EXAMPLE: 2 Player Skirmish requires 3 Stations, and 4-6 Frames per player. A 2 Player Battle requires 3 Stations and 5-8 Frames per player. 3 Player Skirmish requires 2 Stations, and 3-5 Frames per player. A 3 Player Battle requires 2 Stations and 4-7 Frames.

There are also regulations for 4-5 Player games as well, and each have their own restrictions. The example above is taken from the actual rulebook.

Now, as for the systems allowed per game, each Frame can have NO MORE than 4 systems total. However, you can only have 2 of the same system on that frame if you prefer, but this is not required. There are 6 different system types to choose from (Direct Range, Artillery Range, HtH Range, Communication, Movement, Defense), so there is room to customize your frame

EXAMPLE: A frame can have 2 Direct Range systems, 1 Movement system and 1 Defense system. OR, 2 Communication Systems and 2 Movement systems OR 1 Direct Range system, 1 Artillery Range system, 1 Communication system, and 1 Movement system.

To give you a better look at various System loadout Archetypes, check this web link

http://hazardcreative.com/mfz-ch/#loadouts

Heres a more detailed weblink:

http://the-mobile-frame-garage.blogspot ... -list.html

Play around with it and see what seems to work best for you.
So, overall, if you are using a 5 Frame company, the maximum amount of systems you can have is 20 total. However, sometimes you might want to give a Frame or two only 3 Systems, and maybe even only 2, which would help in underbidding at the start of the game. Just a suggestion, but not required.

As for the second question, what is a good place to get cheap pieces:
A lot of players tend to order the parts they need online at Bricklink. I have also known people, (myself included) who order from the LEGOS online store. Alternatly, you could also just buy a bunch of $5-$20 LEGO sets from your local store (Walmart, Toys'R Us ect).

Also, in terms of tip suggestions, feel free to explore the threads. There are TONS of pics posted with various frame build that might give you inspiration. I have a lot of people to thank for the ones I have built. lol

I hope I was able to help, and feel free to ask more questions. Someone will help.

Again, Welcome to the Hanger! 8-)
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby personzz~ » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:58 pm

another question is it practical to play a game over the internet? i wonder. problem is, where i live there's nowhere i could play and i don't have family who would be interested. sooo...
personzz~
Chatty

Postby Vitoria » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:23 pm

I would like to point out that 2 player games with only two stations per player work and are fun too!

Several people showed interest about trying to play MF0 online but I don't think that they actually got to try it yet. Would love to give this a shot, thou.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby personzz~ » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:58 pm

okay another question i'm about to have a chance to go and buy legos. i want to know what are the best set's for making frames? thanks in advance for advice!. :D
personzz~
Chatty

Postby Artasid » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:00 am

The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby personzz~ » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:07 am

thank's for the advice but come to think of it i'll have pick a brick in the store available so. maybe i don't need to worry? still, thank you for the advice.
personzz~
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:34 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby personzz~ » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:37 pm

thank you so much! this is going to be really helpful. it's amazingly gratifying to have a reply to one of these posts. have a nice day and thank you again for your help :D
personzz~
Chatty

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion