[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Mixels series 9 will be the last one

Mixels series 9 will be the last one

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Mixels series 9 will be the last one

Postby Jagarmot » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:53 pm

and it's a bit of a sad news for me. Not a complete surprise as there were quite a few discounts on the US and UK Lego websites (but none on the French one :p) : i guess they did not meet their sales objectives.

I fintthese sets interesting : small, filled with uncommon bricks, colourful and not minifig-based. Obviously, the Mixel ball-joint was a great addition.

They had their issues (so many eyes :D), but I hope something is coming to fill that niche. And, incidently, provide us with great SSC sets !
Jagarmot
Talkative

Re: Mixels series 9 will be the last one

Postby Vitoria » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 pm

Man, that sucks.

I really wish they try another series with similar characteristics. (Can we dream of an oficial theme of micro-scale robots?)
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Jagarmot » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:20 am

It doesn't have to be robots "on the packaging", bricking away from the instructions is always funny : look at Mantisking's blog :D
But yeah, an official theme based on robots/small action figures would be awesome !

I'm sure that the Lego Group have ways to explore "small collectionnable sets". I could see as fun stuff to base a MFZ squad on, if only they weren't overpriced.

In the meantime, I'll wait for the last wave of Mixels to come out. Anyway, I don't have much time for Lego/MFZ right now :oops:
Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby proninja » Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:48 am

Dang I'll have to stock up on mixel sets incase they don't get restocked because of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proninja
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:02 am

If this is true, I'm treating it as a rumor for the moment, it sucks for new players. Mixels are a great way to put together a squad on the cheap.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Atavism » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:03 pm

That's so sad, but the themes were starting to get a bit weird. I was hoping they'd go back and revisit some of the simpler color-element combos with new builds. Hopefully they come up with a new outlet for small ball joints and interesting parts.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Vitoria » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:17 pm

It's nice to point out that the Chima Legend Beasts were non-Mixel sets full of Mixel joints at an also affordable price. I would be very pleased if TLG could bring something similar to the shelves again.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Jagarmot » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:55 am

Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:08 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team