[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Peices and sets for an Ijad army? Also show off your Ijad.

Peices and sets for an Ijad army? Also show off your Ijad.

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Peices and sets for an Ijad army? Also show off your Ijad.

Postby BlissAuthority » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:26 pm

For various reasons, mostly involving my job as an afterschool/summer camp counselor, I've been playing a lot of MF0. I'd really like to field an Ijad army. What sets and peices would you reccomend I get for these?

Also, please show off your favorite Ijad designs.
BlissAuthority
Newcomer

Re: Peices and sets for an Ijad army? Also show off your Ij

Postby Mantisking » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:30 am

The "gold standard" of sets for use as Ijad forces is still the . I don't think we've found anything to replace it yet.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby CmdrRook » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:09 pm

Using the Space Tribe Mixels from for structural parts, I was able to bang the frames out rather quickly. The detail pieces were from other sets that I can't recommend for their parts economy, but there are great options in the other Mixels, now. Few could be considered unusable as a frame in a bag. Fifteen bucks for 2 to 3 frames is pretty good, but you'll really be stretching your parts for that third.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Artasid » Fri Aug 05, 2016 3:34 pm

I agree with CmdrRook in that the Mixels are a wonderful starting point, as that is how I first started. But I would also like to recommend perhaps getting a few LEGO Creator sets as well, particularly some of the smaller sets. Sure they may not have all the parts needed for a full frame, but many of the sets will have pieces that you will need to assist in your builds, suchs as lampholders, clips, jumpers, and headlights.

Just something to concider.

As for my favorite Ijad design, I am partial to the Behemoth myself,

However, there are plenty of fan made designs that I am quite fond of as well.
The Dead may outlast the Living, but those who never Lived outlast them all.
Artasid
Old Guard

Postby darksyntax » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:44 pm

darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby mraichelson » Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:59 am

I put together frame building kits (and links to folks selling companies) at .
mraichelson
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Soren » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:10 am

Load up on bright colors. The Ijad I had the most fun with were garish - purple, pink, pale blue. Lime green is really promising, especially if you mix in some dark green for contrast.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Mantisking » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Riptor25 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:22 pm

The orange Mixel sets (if you can still find them somewhere) are my favorites for Ijad frames! Great variety of parts and color-themed so they all match. Each of these came from one set.
A [Single-Set] Challenger has appeared!
"Use your head you can success. Price may discount, BUT enjoy never discount." The Boot-Lego guarantee.
Riptor25
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion