[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Rules in a web-based format

Rules in a web-based format

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Rules in a web-based format

Postby Jagarmot » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Jagarmot
Talkative

Re: Rules in a web-based format

Postby Vitoria » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:32 pm

Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Blorf » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:59 pm

I'm not sure why the Handbook doesn't accomplish what you want, as it was intended to be "friendly, accessible, web-based". And, there are plans in motion for it to become official, canon material. If there are specific improvements you'd like to see, I'd be happy to hear about them.

But regardless of any of that, don't feel like you shouldn't move forward if you think you can add something of value to the community or meet a need that isn't currently being met. It's not unfair to the MFZ authors, and it's not unfair to me. The licenses, including that of MFZ:RA, MFZ:condensed, and the Handbook, all allow this (with non-commercial stipulations).
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Vitoria » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:24 pm

I agree. Everything about MFZ is "friendly, accessible and web-based" if you stop to think about it. Didn't get the point of that part.

I guess people have different standards, who knows.

Still, might be useful to a bunch of people who enjoys the proposed format.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Jagarmot » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:48 am

Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Luke_BMM » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:37 am

The handbook already has the quick reference angle covered - and it makes a lot of sense to keep it focused as such - but it it can't fulfill that role and also be optimized for longer format reading. It's, appropriately, broken up into its individual components for quick reference.

The idea of making another copy which is intended for more leisurely reading, rather than reference, makes quite a bit of sense to me.

(... And now I'm tempted to play around with Grav a bit, as it looks interesting. I like the flat file approach, but my first thought is that it could really used more structured content types.)
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Jagarmot » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:27 pm

I looked into translations : definitely possible and quite easy once properly set up. I'll change the configuration to cater for additional languages and I'll prepare a short "how-to".

I will not have the time to work on this idea before next week, feel free to share what you think of it !
Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Soren » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:32 pm

You won't run into any opposition from me.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Jagarmot » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:41 pm

Here's the live site : http://mfz-ra-rules.nanto.fr
It works and supports multiple languages. (Right now, French defaults to English for lack of translations - with the notable exception of the home page)
Let me know what you think of it !

The Github repo contains the code as well as information on how to install or translate the rules : https://github.com/jdubuisson/mfz-ra-rules

Before doing serious "translating", it would be great to update, improve and stabilize the English version. I mean that I'll happily welcome any feedback, however my main focus is format (splitting/merging chapters) then content (better English/clearer explanations/images to illustrate explanations) to pave the way to new languages.
Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Vitoria » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:58 pm

Really great!

Time to bust out those old git command lines.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby CmdrRook » Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Currently under "Gear and Weapons", several things are amiss. Having any green dice allows you to move through cover, and likewise, having any yellow allows you to spot in cover. Having two of any weapon does not allow you to spot in cover, intrinsically.
CmdrRook
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Blorf » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:17 am

I have trouble reading/navigating on mobile. Is that still in progress?
Blorf
Mod Team

Postby Jagarmot » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:33 pm

Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Moved, as this isn't really a rules question just a format "issue".

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Vitoria » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:45 pm

Could you add me as a contributor so I don't need to fork it and make pull requests?

Edit: Made the fork anyway, with pull requests already.
Vitoria (she/her)
Vitoria
Mod Team

Postby Jagarmot » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Jagarmot » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:33 pm

Do you guys know who did the dice images ( d8Ra d6Ra d6B ...) on the forum ? I'd like to use them in the rules but I don't know if I can.
Jagarmot
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:37 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Soren » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:02 am

You absolutely can, but if you want the high-res versions, you should drop me a PM.

In general, I want to be asked if you want to use my incidental MFZ work, but my answer is almost always going to be 'yes' and unless it's pretty large-scale commercial use, I don't want money.
I worked on the setting and mecha design, but my opinions are personal. I am not the .
See more stuff I've made: |
"People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations."
Soren
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Jagarmot » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:32 am

Thanks for the info Mantisking.

I'm PM'ing Soren to figure out the details.
Jagarmot
Talkative

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion