Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

2016 Lego Set Reveals

Postby Mantisking » Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:47 am

Mantisking
Mod Team

Re: 2016 Lego Set Reveals

Postby CADmonkey » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:10 am

And there's more photos, a trailer & a press release here: LEGO Nexo Knights Officially Revealed at New York Comic Con 2015
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
Collection: The Bright Seraphim MF0: Rapid Attack
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: Tumblr | Twitter | Facebook | Pintrest
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby Zerovirus » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:38 pm

I can't wait to get some of those shield pieces to make AWESOME VERNIER THRUSTERS with! I'm loving this sci-fi/knight aesthetic, this theme will be great for MfZ pieces. And new fancy fantasy swords with transparent multicolor molding all over the place, hecks yeah. Can never have enough hard-energy pieces!

Edit: The jester vehicle design seems to have an interesting modified 2x2 plate that looks like a kite-shield pentagon? Could be useful for detailing, if that is in fact a new piece.

And new minifigure proportions as well? When was the last time that happened? (Never?) I have hopes that some of the smaller minifig pieces will be useful for our microscale builds!

More Edit: OH MY GOD IS THAT A 1x1 RECTANGULAR PYRAMID PIECE ON THE NOSE OF THAT HORSE THERE

OH MY GOD

I NEED TO BUY A BUCKETFUL OF THESE

EDIT EDIT EDIT: And is that... a new minifig launcher that fires towball-shaped things? With... tiny towball bullets? I sure hope each set comes with a lot of them, because they are going to get lost very, very quickly. Perhaps the piece is a towball attached to a rod which goes inside the launcher, similar to the belville microphone pieces? If so... god, the possibilities are making me salivate.

I wonder if that gun holds towballs with any level of friction at all? If so, I foresee some VERY interesting connections being made possible by that piece in the future.
Zerovirus
Been Around The Block

Postby aurlaent » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:16 pm

What about those castle walls? Frame Tower shields if they're panels.
aurlaent
Talkative

Postby eatrepeat » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:20 am

The belville microphone fits in Mixel sockets FYI and the 1x2 with 2 clips can hold a ball very well.
If my Frames stay out of the Star Wars universe...
eatrepeat
Been Around The Block

Postby CADmonkey » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:32 am

Zerovirus wrote:More Edit: OH MY GOD IS THAT A 1x1 RECTANGULAR PYRAMID PIECE ON THE NOSE OF THAT HORSE THERE

It is, perfect for making spiked clubs. And I love those trans-orange rods with clips on the rocket horse.
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:57 am

Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby CADmonkey » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:58 am

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/IMG_9027.jpg(huge damned image)

Looks like those 1x1 pyramids will come in trans-orange as well. 8-)
CADmonkey
MoF0#78
CADmonkey
Talkative

Postby gusindor » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:28 pm

Zerovirus wrote:Edit: The jester vehicle design seems to have an interesting modified 2x2 plate that looks like a kite-shield pentagon? Could be useful for detailing, if that is in fact a new piece.

It's the same shape as the trans-neon-orange areas of the knight's shields, so it's probably a new piece, separate from the silver part of the shield. Which would also make the shield pieces more useful, and more compatible with other color schemes. It might even mean you could attach other pieces on instead...
Always bring a speech to a gunfight.
gusindor
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby Atavism » Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:58 am

These half round "teeth" tiles look like they'd be good for ablative plating or finishing around joints. Wish they came in more colors.

And claws! All the claws!
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:37 pm

Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Mark Sakura » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 pm

I'm really interested in the pieces they're using to make the robot servants. The body and the shoulders could end up being super-useful.

http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-conten ... G_9024.jpg and
http://www.bricksandbloks.com/wp-conten ... G_9036.jpg
Runaway Urashima: A short novel set in the Mobile Frame Zero universe.

The Legend of the Red Specter: My first officially published novel, available on Amazon, or get your friendly neighborhood bookstore to order a copy.
Mark Sakura
Talkative

Postby Zerovirus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:15 pm

Atavism wrote:Image

These half round "teeth" tiles look like they'd be good for ablative plating or finishing around joints. Wish they came in more colors.

And claws! All the claws!

HAH!

WHITE AND GOLD FOR LIFE, BABY.
Zerovirus
Been Around The Block

Postby Luke_BMM » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Atavism wrote:Image

Mark Sakura wrote:I'm really interested in the pieces they're using to make the robot servants. The body and the shoulders could end up being super-useful.

The teeth are the shoulder pieces, right? From the one picture, it looks like it, but I'm not certain (largely because I'm not sure how they're attached).

Are the front of the red brick on the mixel and the shoulder joints on the robot servants technic holes (meaning the shoulder/teeth bits have studs facing inward)?
Luke_BMM
Been Around The Block

Postby Atavism » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:10 pm

As I see them they are a new tile that is half round, and a number of Mixels have them as teeth. I'm less sure now that you've asked, and Lego quashed the photos that were out there for me to look back.
Twanks LLC - "Always Forward!"
Atavism
Mod Team

Postby Mark Sakura » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:09 am

Luke_BMM wrote:
Mark Sakura wrote:I'm really interested in the pieces they're using to make the robot servants. The body and the shoulders could end up being super-useful.

The teeth are the shoulder pieces, right? From the one picture, it looks like it, but I'm not certain (largely because I'm not sure how they're attached).

Are the front of the red brick on the mixel and the shoulder joints on the robot servants technic holes (meaning the shoulder/teeth bits have studs facing inward)?

No, I think the teeth are completely different from the shoulders. The teeth look like regular 1x1 tiles that are half round and half square, while the shoulder pieces look like a quarter-section of a sphere, with a peg receptacle for the claw-hands, and we don't know how it connects to the body, whether it's a peg, anti-stud, or something unique to the piece.
Runaway Urashima: A short novel set in the Mobile Frame Zero universe.

The Legend of the Red Specter: My first officially published novel, available on Amazon, or get your friendly neighborhood bookstore to order a copy.
Mark Sakura
Talkative

Postby redtwilight » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:22 pm

Long time lurker here. That gigantic energy broadsword is gonna be epic. and that LANCE!
redtwilight
Newcomer

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:06 pm

More images leaked over the weekend.
Star Wars Sets and Minifigs
Brickset has additional sets in an Italian PDF
Pricevortex has even more images of the 2016 offerings.

My biggest takeaway is that we're going to have to figure out a really good use for those stud shooters. They're ubiquitous at this point.

I'm going to echo everyone else with my thoughts that the Nexo Knights line is going to full of awesome parts for MFZ. I'm not really that interested in the sets or the line. It's about as interesting to me as Chima, which is to say: I've never built a set, they all get bought at discount and parted out.

I'm also really interested in getting my hands on one of those Dragon heads from the Elves line. I think they're a little out of scale, but they look awesome.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:14 pm

redtwilight wrote:Long time lurker here. That gigantic energy broadsword is gonna be epic. and that LANCE!

You could make that lance today. It looks badass, but it's only four parts:

2569: Antenna Whip 8H Image
4740: Dish 2 x 2 Inverted (Radar) Image
4589b: Cone 1 x 1 with Top Groove Image
4697b: Pneumatic T Piece New Style (T Bar)Image

Both the antenna and radar dish are currently available in trans-neon orange.
Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Postby Jay Biquadrate » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:09 pm

More news of particular interest to folks in these parts:

The core of that Nexo Squirebot appears to use standard pegs for the arm attachment. And, those shoulder pads are separate parts that have 90 degree peg holes.

Jay Biquadrate
Talkative

Next

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion