Kickstarter over!

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Kickstarter over!

Postby potsticker » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:13 am

Congratulations, everyone. Both for the team behind Mobile Frame Zero and everyone who helped back the project. With almost ten times the goal being donated, it's a shining example of consumers putting their money where their mouth is and funding the sort of games (and other products) that they actually want.
potsticker
Talkative

Re: Kickstarter over!

Postby Ramcat » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:30 am

Enough congrats to the Mobile Frame Zero team cannot be given. They did a great job. A window into the creativity of their minds has made whole worlds explode in ours. Fathers and sons, friends of all types, will have hours of fun and creativity out of this work. I was glad to sponsor it.

Kudos to them, may they follow it up with projects just as successful. Really I can't say enough.
Ramcat
Talkative

Postby Malcolm_Craig » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:09 pm

Ramcat wrote:Enough congrats to the Mobile Frame Zero team cannot be given. They did a great job. A window into the creativity of their minds has made whole worlds explode in ours. Fathers and sons, friends of all types, will have hours of fun and creativity out of this work. I was glad to sponsor it.

And fathers and daughters, mothers and sons, and mothers and daughters, I would hope. I was immensely cheered by the participation of two young sisters in our games at Conpulsion. They were bloody good players.

The success of MFZ has been fantastic. Just over a month ago, those of us who played the game in its previous incarnation were a tiny band. Now there are thousands of people excited about the game, building frames, setting up blogs, and so on and so forth. Great times.

Cheers,
Malcolm
Mechatonic: An MFZ blog
Rules question? Read this!
"Long live the brave popular militias! Long live the loyal forces that fight alongside the workers! Long live the Republic! Long live democracy! Down with Fascism! Down with the reaction!"
Malcolm_Craig
Been Around The Block

Postby Joshua A.C. Newman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:47 am

I played with a little girl at a sic fi con a couple of months ago who was brutal and ruthless. I'd be shocked if she were unique.

Thanks to you guys setting up this community. When I went into this project, Vincent warned me that there were going to be too many elements to cover as a one-person publishing house. I said that I had an inkling I'd find mutual support in the players. Thank you all for proving me right.

It started with Mantisking, Lester, and Darrin. They were big Mechaton fans before and had already each produced their own valuable resources. I'm so happy about everyone else in this community making it a thing. Thank you so much.
Joshua A.C. Newman
MFZ:RA Game Designer

Postby schoon » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:55 am

At the end of the day, it's all about bringing fun to the folks who want it.

Online communities are a great way to spread that fun around and make it more accessible.

...but it started with a good game, so thanks to you and your team! I'm sure we're all happy to support!
schoon
Site Admin

Postby AdamSouza » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Now that the Kickstarter is over, is the game available via the creative commons license or for sale anywhere ?

I missed out on the kickstarter.
AdamSouza
Newcomer

Postby potsticker » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:23 pm

AdamSouza wrote:Now that the Kickstarter is over, is the game available via the creative commons license or for sale anywhere ?

I think that there's a vague date of June this year as the time for release?
potsticker
Talkative

Postby MittenNinja » Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:48 pm

potsticker wrote:
AdamSouza wrote:Now that the Kickstarter is over, is the game available via the creative commons license or for sale anywhere ?

I think that there's a vague date of June this year as the time for release?

That's my understanding too. If you really want to get going on the rules though you can look up the old Mechaton rules (honestly I don't remember where they're at though).
The Transit Gate: A MFZ Podcast
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
MittenNinja
Old Guard

Postby Galaxy613 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:28 pm

I think the Mechaton rules are floating around on the internet, but you'll probably want to wait for the offical MF0 rules to come out.

I'm still very curious that the rules being CC means, will they be available for free as a PDF, with only the option to buy the physical copy? Frankly, Pathfinder and such use this method and I still have several pathfinder books even though most/all of it is on the internet. Nothing really beats having real paper to look at and page through!

Here's the 2003 version of Mechaton, but it's obviously horribly outdated: http://lumpley.com/pdfs/mechaton.pdf
Galaxy613
Young Gun

Postby AdamSouza » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Thank you for the responses.

I like to have books in both print and PDF formats. Nothing beats having a real book in your hands to read. My gaming group has Kindle Fire and Ipad owners, so PDF is also a convenient way to carry an entire library of books. It's proven to be quite economical to buy the PDF first, and if we decide to play the game to either print a few copies or buy a few hard copies. Stuff like the Pathfinder Core rulebooks it's just easier and smarter to buy the hard copies once we decided on it, but small games, like the Ganesha Games lines of products, with 30-40ish pages of black and white rules, it's just easier and cheaper to print 5 copies and bind them.

If I had caught the Kickstarter in time I would have opted for the print and PDF combo, but alas that didn't happen.
AdamSouza
Newcomer

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion