[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Mobile Frame Hangar • View topic - Good Sets For Parts

Good Sets For Parts

General discussions about the game or building materials
Forum rules
This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: Good Sets For Parts

Postby Mantisking » Fri May 11, 2012 4:41 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Otami N71 » Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 am

It's not really a set, but I just found this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270975696018?ss ... 723wt_1163

And promptly ordered one after scanning through the picture.

There looks like there's a -lot- of super useful frame parts in that mix, and for only $8 it's a hell of a deal.

I'm posting this here because there were more of them for sale, figured i'd share the love.

I'll post back in a couple of days once i get it in and validate or invalidate the usefulness of what I actually recieve. It is eBay after all :P
Otami N71
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Sat May 12, 2012 10:10 pm

So I hit the FLLS the other night because I had stopped in the day before -- I'm really lucky in that I have one a little over a mile from the house -- and grabbed a re-fill big cup from the PaB Wall. A random -- well, picked for effect -- cross-section of the contents of my cup consists of the following. Maybe a dozen , a ton of (some loose, some forming a helix in the center of the cup with) , three stacks of in Trans-Light Blue, two stacks in Trans-Neon Green, three stacks of in Trans-Clear, and a bunch of in Trans-Red to fill in the empty spaces. Oh, did I mention the stack of and matching stack of ?

So there are good things on the PaB Wall. You just have to be patient.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby randolph » Sun May 13, 2012 12:02 am

Inexorable. Progress.
randolph
Grizzled Veteran

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Sun May 13, 2012 12:25 am

LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Otami N71 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 am

Oh for sure! If it's legit, then i'll probably be buying up another two or three bags myself.
Otami N71
Chatty

Postby CrimsonKMR » Sun May 13, 2012 7:01 am

CrimsonKMR
Talkative

Postby Mantisking » Sun May 13, 2012 10:19 am

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Otami N71 » Fri May 18, 2012 2:20 am

Quick update on that ebay auction. Got the bag in, and there's definately some interesting pieces in here, but it's too much of a mix and not enough of any one brick to really be useful IMHO.

Bricklink still seems like the way to go.
Otami N71
Chatty

Postby Mantisking » Fri May 18, 2012 7:27 am

Oddly enough, it looks like one of the Lord of the Rings sets has some great parts for MFZ. has lots of clips, hinges, click hinges, and a that I think will see a lot of use. It's also $19.99 USD for 200+ parts, so it's in the sweet spot for Price/Piece.

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby schoon » Fri May 18, 2012 10:24 am

schoon
Site Admin

Postby ChaosChild » Fri May 18, 2012 10:53 am

ChaosChild
Talkative

Postby morganm » Wed May 23, 2012 1:35 pm

The Pick A Brick at my local Lego store had some good stuff so I got a small cup for $8.

About half the cup is filled with these: Image
Also picked up a bunch of these: Image
Some of these (both ends): Image
A bunch of lime green 1x2 SNOT
Some transparent purple and green 1x1 cylinders and some neat aquamarine color transparent 2x2 cylinders
Hand full of bright orange 1x1 round studs
I dunno.. some other stuff I crammed in there =) The main reason was for the 1x1 clips
morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby Lyte » Wed May 23, 2012 3:40 pm

~Lyte

There are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary, and those who do not.
Lyte
Newcomer

Postby Mantisking » Wed May 23, 2012 3:49 pm

-- A MFZ blog.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby CrimsonKMR » Wed May 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Im going to the Lego store in Burlington MA this Saturday - will report on my findings once I return :3
CrimsonKMR
Talkative

Postby morganm » Wed May 23, 2012 6:39 pm

morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby ChaosChild » Wed May 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Actually, I thought the flowerpot/tub/thing from that set could work quite nicely as the base for a station. I haven't got any further with the plan than that, but I still think it has potential.
ChaosChild
Talkative

Postby morganm » Wed May 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Oh I'm sure there are plenty of ppl who find the other parts useful and the price per piece is actually worth it. Just a personal decision for me.
morganm
Been Around The Block

Postby CrimsonKMR » Sat May 26, 2012 11:36 am

So im getting ready to head to the Lego store here - other than the PAB wall - is there any good set I should keep an eye out for? I still need a couple frames built, and I havent even started on stations and terrain! :shock:

Suggestions are definitely welcome
CrimsonKMR
Talkative

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion