This is a game - This is fun - All of your posts should reflect this

Re: Good Sets For Parts

Postby darksyntax » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm

I want like 10 of 30243 now!
darksyntax
Mod Team

Postby Mantisking » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:29 pm

darksyntax wrote:I want like 10 of 30243 now!

You are not the only one.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:18 pm

I got one of the Z-95 Headhunter polybags. It is indeed a sweet little selection of parts. Notable entries are the neck brackets, 1x1 round tiles, and that neat 3x3 plate!
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby Mantisking » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 pm

LowestFormOfWit wrote:I got one of the Z-95 Headhunter polybags. It is indeed a sweet little selection of parts. Notable entries are the neck brackets, 1x1 round tiles, and that neat 3x3 plate!

I picked up one last night. I've yet to crack it open and sort through the pieces.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Foghammer » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:00 pm

I bought two of the headhunter sets on a whim and was pleased with the nifty parts that came along. I too am a fan of the 3x3 plates and may be picking up some more of this set just for those.
Foghammer
Old Guard

Postby Dukayn » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:49 pm

I'll have to grab that Z-95. Although every time I think of buying a set for parts, I think to myself "but if I spend that money on Bricklink I can get exactly what I want/need" and end up not getting anything.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby FlakManiak » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:01 pm

Is there a good way to cheaply track down polybag sets like 30243? They don't seem to be listed on Lego.com, Amazon wants $12(!) for them, and they're a bit over six dollars at the cheapest on Bricklink. Are polybag prices really that high, or are they just cheaper to get at brick and mortar retailers?

Also, Eris's Eagle Interceptor, good for parts or no: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=70003-1

Am I just being swayed because I like the model and love those eagle wing parts? Because I'm seriously considering one so I can outfit a whole frame company with those wings.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:08 pm

FlakManiak wrote:Is there a good way to cheaply track down polybag sets like 30243? They don't seem to be listed on Lego.com, Amazon wants $12(!) for them, and they're a bit over six dollars at the cheapest on Bricklink. Are polybag prices really that high, or are they just cheaper to get at brick and mortar retailers?

I haven't seen it yet in a B&M store. I'm hoping it's not a European-only release.

FlakManiak wrote:Also, Eris's Eagle Interceptor, good for parts or no: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=70003-1

Am I just being swayed because I like the model and love those eagle wing parts? Because I'm seriously considering one so I can outfit a whole frame company with those wings.

The price point is pretty good if I remember correctly. I'll probably buy at least one to build.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby FlakManiak » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Yeah I'm thinking of getting one from Amazon for $30. Free shipping too. Maybe also a Brandenburg Gate since Amazon has that for $23, which works out to 34% off. I did some math earlier and it's only a few bucks more than buying the sand green bits on Bricklink plus I'd get all the non-sand green bits. Only thing keeping me from getting it is not being sure if I want to build frames in sand green.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby gatlinggouf927 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:25 pm

just picked up 30231 I love it to death, need like 20 more, bug swarm MUST happen...
I came from the bottom, now I made it to the top. Newtype flow I'm the hottest on the block. Somebody tell these haters that I'm never gonna stop. Till I kill em all like a colony drop. I'm yellin out Sieg Zeon, Sieg Zeon

-Richie Branson-
gatlinggouf927
Grizzled Veteran

Postby FlakManiak » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:06 am

What's the price on that one like? Looks kinda cool as a dual army builder. (Though I'd want to have alternate heads for the Galaxy Squad guy, but thankfully I have various heads lying around at home.)
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby jugglervr » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:33 am

FlakManiak wrote:Is there a good way to cheaply track down polybag sets like 30243?

My impression is that they're exclusive to Chapters Books (in canada) and legoland.
Last I checked, there was a lot of 5 on eBay for $37 (shipping from canada extra), which isn't too bad of a mark-up, i'd guess, for someone re-selling an exclusive.

On-topic of good sets, I just picked up Razcal's Glider and man, is it full of useful parts. Seriously, with only about 4 exceptions, EVERY piece in this set seems useful for some kind of frame design.
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby FlakManiak » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:04 am

Hmm. If I were more interested in purple and that odd red, I'd be all over that set. Never inspected it closely before but indeed it's full of good parts.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

Postby LowestFormOfWit » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:39 am

FlakManiak wrote:Yeah I'm thinking of getting one from Amazon for $30. Free shipping too. Maybe also a Brandenburg Gate since Amazon has that for $23, which works out to 34% off. I did some math earlier and it's only a few bucks more than buying the sand green bits on Bricklink plus I'd get all the non-sand green bits. Only thing keeping me from getting it is not being sure if I want to build frames in sand green.

Mitten does a ton of Sand Green stuff, and he couldn't recommend that set enough for anyone else interested in the color scheme. The prices for that color are generally high, though, when you talk about supplementing those parts.
LowestFormOfWit
Grizzled Veteran

Postby milt69466 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:18 am

Has anybody noticed the Big Ben set contains 9 travis bricks?
banner by milt69466, on Flickr
我们是红色团体,争取桃子!
milt69466
Been Around The Block

Postby Mantisking » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:38 am

milt69466 wrote:Has anybody noticed the Big Ben set contains 9 travis bricks?

Yup. It'll be in my next GSfP blog post.
Mantisking
Mod Team

Postby Dukayn » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:40 pm

milt69466 wrote:Has anybody noticed the Big Ben set contains 9 travis bricks?

Aw man, and with everything else in it, and only $30? I may have to sway the missus on this one.
Dukayn
Mod Team

Postby Thaddeus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:16 pm

By the way, The One Ring from Lotr and the hobbit sets is Awesome for building. I've found it coming in hand all the time. (And all sets that have it come with two replacements!) :P
Thaddeus
Grizzled Veteran

Postby jugglervr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:20 am

Thaddeus wrote:By the way, The One Ring from Lotr and the hobbit sets is Awesome for building. I've found it coming in hand all the time. (And all sets that have it come with two replacements!) :P

so it's really the 3x ring, where x is the number of sets you buy? Kind of ridiculous for everyone to be fighting over it (them)

i guess if you get enough sets, you can have all the rings that were given to the races of men, dwarves, and elves...
jugglervr
Been Around The Block

Postby FlakManiak » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:32 pm

Kai's Fire Mech anyone? http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=70500-1

Seems to have some good stuff in it. If I were gonna make a red company I'd probably get ~3. Seems to be mostly useful parts.
FlakManiak
Been Around The Block

PreviousNext

Return to Mobile Frame Zero General Discussion